Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Lol ****. I can almost feel my wife's "I told you so" stare now. I have owned the car for just over one month and drove it a total of six days with the rest in a loaner while mine was worked on. I'm starting to miss my Honda with 200k on it lol.
Sounds like they didn't do a good job with the transmission replacement, not sure if that has anything to do with the Cruze without knowing the root cause.

Sucks you shafted with problems off the bat. I got a 2013 with 22k miles, now have 38k no issues and it is tuned and beat to **** (heck) like I am purposefully trying to break it beat on, I am running the Manual gearbox. In the Fall, my close friend picked up a 2014 automatic, and he loves it no issues so far.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Careful - the flywheels are fragile, as are the transmission bearings.

If you haven't changed the fluid yet, or aren't sure that it's filled properly, now would be a good time to do it. Synchomesh or a 75W-90 fluid (see threads elsewhere on the forum) are recommended over the GM stuff, and you'll need 2.5 qts. Correct fill level will (we think) keep the 5-6 shaft bearings alive.
Thanks for sharing that insight. I expect to do a clutch soon (almost to 40k), so you're comment here is going to cost me a lot now since I can justify an aluminum flywheel with that knowledge.

I went to RP Synchromax with the higher fill level, just after purchasing the vehicle

Would not be opposed to going thicker, especially if that helps the 1-2 shift grind issue, which I have not done in a long time because I have slowed down and reduced force on that gear change.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts