Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,598 Posts
When they changed the transmission, they did something wrong. This isn't normal. Yeah, take it back and have them fix it.

·
17,598 Posts
Sucks you shafted with problems off the bat. I got a 2013 with 22k miles, now have 38k no issues and it is tuned and beat to **** (heck) like I am purposefully trying to break it beat on, I am running the Manual gearbox.
Careful - the flywheels are fragile, as are the transmission bearings.

If you haven't changed the fluid yet, or aren't sure that it's filled properly, now would be a good time to do it. Synchomesh or a 75W-90 fluid (see threads elsewhere on the forum) are recommended over the GM stuff, and you'll need 2.5 qts. Correct fill level will (we think) keep the 5-6 shaft bearings alive.

·
17,598 Posts
Since they installed a new tranny would chevy have filled the fluid to the new levels? I really like the design and features of the first gen Cruze ( I had a 2017 Cruze as a loaner and I thought it looked like a weird Honda Civic) and I hope that this is just a few teething problems. I can't afford for something major to go to crap.
I think it should be filled with ~2.4 qts, if they looked up the fill spec.

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/10-g...gms-updated-m32-fluid-fill-specification.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts