Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have noticed oil (ATF, red oil) leaking where the driveshaft connects to the transmission (longer shaft, right side of transmission).

I have searched the forum, and although there are many transmission oil leak threads, I have not found one related to the shafts.

Exactly where the shaft is inserted in to the transmission oil is seeping through, and leaks along the shaft, which in turn catapults it everywhere when spinning. Because of this, very little oil drips along the casing, and almost never down.

The car has 20,000 miles or about 30,000 Km, it is the automatic transmission version and was build in April 2013.

I noticed there is no dip-stick for the transmission, is there any way to check how much oil is left ? - as I do no know how long this has been happening.

Has anybody encountered this before ? Is this a common problem ?

Yes, I know I can take it to the dealer but I work 5AM to 5PM so that is a hassle, I want to know if here is anything I can do first.

Thank you in advance for your help and comments.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
You're still under the B2B warranty. Take it in even if it's inconvenient. Call your service department and see if you can drop it off the night before and get a loaner for the duration.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts