Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good afternoon all,

Its been a long time since I have been around these forums, since COVID hit my Cruze has just sat in the garage unused. I am wanting to sort out a flywheel issue it has (per the dealer it has a broken spring and needs to be replaced). I can see that there are two different versions of the flywheel now (1st Design (216mm) 2nd Design DMF193 (228mm). Which one is needed for the repair?

I have a 2013 Cruze LS with the 1.8L and the manual tranny. The transmission was replaced by Chevy at 35k and I have a suspicion that they may have caused this flywheel issue but can't prove it. At the time I was informed that the clutch and flywheel did not need to be changed because they had so low miles on them.

Thank you!

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,894 Posts
Good afternoon all,

Its been a long time since I have been around these forums, since COVID hit my Cruze has just sat in the garage unused. I am wanting to sort out a flywheel issue it has (per the dealer it has a broken spring and needs to be replaced). I can see that there are two different versions of the flywheel now (1st Design (216mm) 2nd Design DMF193 (228mm). Which one is needed for the repair?

I have a 2013 Cruze LS with the 1.8L and the manual tranny. The transmission was replaced by Chevy at 35k and I have a suspicion that they may have caused this flywheel issue but can't prove it. At the time I was informed that the clutch and flywheel did not need to be changed because they had so low miles on them.

Thank you!
Welcome Back!(y)

Not sure if the info you want is here or not. I have an auto. I think none of these are duplicates as I put this list together on the fly.

M32 specs
Guide to M32 trans
Cruze Manual Transmission (M32) Issues
Gen1 Cruze Clutch and Manual Transmission Shifting Upgrades
How-To: Change the Manual Transmission Fluid
How-To: Replace Clutch Fluid
How-To: Install Clutch Accumulator Bypass Mod
DIY short shifter
How-To: Remove Clutch Delay Valve (CDV)
How-To: Fix a leaking tranny cooler lines for 6 bucks!
How-To: MT removal/Clutch Replacement
How-To: Holden Cruze 1.8L Manual Transmission Oil Change
How-To: 6T45 Trans Pump, bell housing Seal, & Filter
How-To: Install MTECH M32 Short Shifter
AMSOIL Products for the 2011-2015, 2016 Limited Gen1 Cruze

@JLL

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. From what I have been told is that the original flywheel is the dual mass and the 2nd revision is supposed to be a solid piece. The Chevy guy on the phone couldn't tell me which one it needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts