Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed out my rotors and brakes about a year ago and in the last several weeks I’ve been getting a grinding noise when my brakes heat up.I have pulled the wheels and inspected everything and it looks ok.btw I have hawk brakes and they still look new.i Just ordered new rotors and brakes so I’ll be installing them this weekend.I talked to my mechanic friend and he has no idea what the problem could be except the rotor being warped and when it heats up is causing the grinding noise when I press on the break driving you can’t hear it does anyone else have a possible solution

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
It's possible your rotors aren't designed for the brakes. Or the other way around.

Brakes used to come in ceramic, semi metallic, and metallic. Ceramic being a rare option.

Judging from the life people are getting out of there front brakes. Sounds like the brakes are metallic. Or whatever science is calling them these days.

BTW. Science says rotors don't warp. THere's a discussion a couple weeks back.

IN laymens terms. Your brakes are baking themselves in to the rotors and probably at a pretty rapid pace for you to have such issues after only a year.

Others have installed other brands rotors and pads without issues sounds like. They might be along to recommend you.

It's also possible that you DO having something touching something. But only hot as you say. As heat makes things expand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts