Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 2013 Cruze used with 30,000 miles thinking that many of the issues would be worked out. I've had the car for a year now. Last summer, I had a few issues with a Stabliltrack error coming up. The dealer could find the error when I brought the car in. the car shakes when the air conditioner is on and I was told that was normal for this car. Then two days ago, the check engine light starts flashing and the stabilitrack error came on. I called the dealer. They suggested turning the car off and back on to reset it. Every time I did this, it happened again. Well the car is back at the dealer. It needs 4 spark plugs and a new ignition coil. The car has 53,000 miles on it. Isn't that really early for this or is it normal? The dealer isn't sure this will fix the Stabilitrack issue. I hope to find more soon. I am really concerned I made a big mistake being this car. This is supposed to be my newer more reliable car.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Some vehicles have qwerks to them its really the nature of the beast. I know of some who have posted on here about replacing the coil packs. A ton of people on here premptively change their plugs.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The stabalitrack issue could be related to a bad ground with the battery cable. This could be the cause of most of your issues. A bad ground can cause all kinds of electrical related problems.

I question the need for a new coil pack and sparkplugs. Sounds like they are just guessing.

·
Administrator
25,079 Posts
The spark plugs in the 2013s are rated for 60K miles so that's ok. The ignition coil should be covered under the power train warranty. I'd also get the negative battery cable replaced as one of the symptoms pointing to is is the Stabilitrak warnings. Don't let them gouge you for the spark plugs - it's a 15 minute job on this car.

The A/C should not be shaking the car. I wonder if that's why it was traded.

Edit: Parts for the ignition coil and spark plugs should be about $110 max based on Amazon.com pricing for the ignition rail and NGK BKR8EIX plugs.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I purchased my 2013 Cruze used with 30,000 miles thinking that many of the issues would be worked out. I've had the car for a year now. Last summer, I had a few issues with a Stabliltrack error coming up. The dealer could find the error when I brought the car in. the car shakes when the air conditioner is on and I was told that was normal for this car. Then two days ago, the check engine light starts flashing and the stabilitrack error came on. I called the dealer. They suggested turning the car off and back on to reset it. Every time I did this, it happened again. Well the car is back at the dealer. It needs 4 spark plugs and a new ignition coil. The car has 53,000 miles on it. Isn't that really early for this or is it normal? The dealer isn't sure this will fix the Stabilitrack issue. I hope to find more soon. I am really concerned I made a big mistake being this car. This is supposed to be my newer more reliable car.
Hi Gbfreak1,

We apologize for the unexpected concerns with your Cruze! If you need any additional assistance, we would be happy to look into this further for you. Please feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. We look forward to your updates and response!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 5 of 5 Posts