Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an upgrade? Will there be an upgrade? I really WANT there to be an upgrade! I would love it if my bluetooth connected devices would display more detail on the screen. Text messages on the mylink screen from my connected phone would be a nice upgrade as well. Any thoughts, suggestions?

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,124 Posts

·
10,712 Posts
Is there an upgrade? Will there be an upgrade? I really WANT there to be an upgrade! I would love it if my bluetooth connected devices would display more detail on the screen. Text messages on the mylink screen from my connected phone would be a nice upgrade as well. Any thoughts, suggestions?
From a 1st year production MyLink setup, the only time I seen these features added was by a dealership when the 13 radio was swapped out when it failed. The new radio installed in that member's car had the Siri integration, text message and dynamic back up lines found in the 15/16 models.

The MyLink update thread mentioned may help possibly but not 100% sure if just getting a radio with those features programed would work granted you literally have the harness everyone in that thread needs.

·
Registered
509 Posts
In theory, just swapping out the radio should do the trick. Aside from the vin change needed.

Even the 2014 MyLink I tested has Siri and text messaging enabled. Lacks the guidelines though.

If I am reading the OP correctly though, it sounds like they don't have MyLink already installed but want to switch to it. In which case they'd still need a adapter harness also.

·
10,712 Posts
In theory, just swapping out the radio should do the trick. Aside from the vin change needed.

Even the 2014 MyLink I tested has Siri and text messaging enabled. Lacks the guidelines though.

If I am reading the OP correctly though, it sounds like they don't have MyLink already installed but want to switch to it. In which case they'd still need a adapter harness also.

The op has a 13 LTZ, 13 was a partial refresh of the gen (gonna omit the long list of changes and deletions) where MyLink was introduced and made standard from Eco trim level on up. Once you hit LTZ back up camera and auto dim was standard. You either added the safety package, and or Nav package(Can't remember if Poineer made a difference "Sun and Sound") but MyLink was there. 14 they did Siri, messaging, XM notifications and a few other things that the 13 lacked. 13 was like the worst year for MyLink and Cue, actually Cue is still kinda lacking today but not as horrible as what I seen in the ATS. Dynamic Guidance and a cleaner resolution was in the 15 model years MyLink but they "felt identical" to the 14 radio features wise.

In short, the OP has MyLink but the one half a step up from what I had in my car. Dealership wise there was an update to fix some issues like not being able to display pictures in that tab way off in the far left icon screen. Newer radio with vin swap as you said "in theory" may work out since all the other MyLink hardware is there.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Well, if the OP wants to do the swap, I have both a 14 radio and 15 radio sitting here they can pick from to buy. Getting tired of staring at them every time I open my closet. I'd just need an hour to go in and zero the old vin out so it goes into learn mode.

·
10,712 Posts
Well, if the OP wants to do the swap, I have both a 14 radio and 15 radio sitting here they can pick from to buy. Getting tired of staring at them every time I open my closet. I'd just need an hour to go in and zero the old vin out so it goes into learn mode.
I know that feeling as I too have a updated radio for my other car sitting in a bin of parts waiting for me to finish one day. I'm also at a harness dilemma but with 8-10 year old dead threads and parts shortage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts