Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
My wife and I just picked up a new LTZ w/RS package last week and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with it so far. We test drove a couple others but she ended up liking this one the most because it looked "sporty" with the RS package. Already we have put undercoating and rust proofing (since we're in MN) and 50% window tint on it. I am also looking for opinions on paint protection for the front end if anyone has any.
The day we bought it:
Since you said that your new 2013 Cruze LTZ RS has all the factory options but nav.

So do you have the enhanced safety package then?

And if you do have the safety package do you like it?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Grats !

You took the right color. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Since you said that your new 2013 Cruze LTZ RS has all the factory options but nav.

So do you have the enhanced safety package then?

And if you do have the safety package do you like it?
The dealer said something about it but to be honest idk how to tell if it does. I know it does have the backup camera.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Grats !

You took the right color. :)
Thanks. Yeah we like the color her neon that this replaced was about the same color and its nice because it is easy to keep clean. I like the red calipers that you have on your cruze. Did you paint them yourself? I am going to be getting caliper paint for my grand prix and was thinking about doing the ones on her cruze too.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
The dealer said something about it but to be honest idk how to tell if it does. I know it does have the backup camera.
Does your Cruze LTZ have the rear back up sensors on your bumper?

Do you have indicators on your front driver and passenger mirrors?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Does your Cruze LTZ have the rear back up sensors on your bumper?

Do you have indicators on your front driver and passenger mirrors?
Nope I guess that means that I don't have it. Maybe he said its on of the few things is didn't have. lol

·
Monsieur Charmant Résident
1,233 Posts
Congratulations!!!
Gorgeous set of wheels you've got there (the car's quite handsome, too).

Minnesota, eh? She'll always have a piece of my heart. Once upon a time while working for the University I lived on Como Ave in St Anthony Park, midway between St Paul and Minneapolis.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Congratulations!!!
Gorgeous set of wheels you've got there (the car's quite handsome, too).

Minnesota, eh? She'll always have a piece of my heart. Once upon a time while working for the University I lived on Como Ave in St Anthony Park, midway between St Paul and Minneapolis.
Thanks. Yeah we just moved out to MN in April after I got out of the Army. (Wifes parents live out here) I am actually from MI myself.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Took some pictures today to show the tint and reflective overlays that I put on this morning.

You got 50% tint put on right? Did you take into account the tint already on the Cruze from factory? I ask because it looks like the tint might actually be a little darker than a true 50 overall tint percentage. Maybe it's just the lighting of where your car is parked? It looks really good though.

Where did you get your bowtie covers? Di you put them on yourself? Great pics and feel free to bless us with some more!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
You got 50% tint put on right? Did you take into account the tint already on the Cruze from factory? I ask because it looks like the tint might actually be a little darker than a true 50 overall tint percentage. Maybe it's just the lighting of where your car is parked? It looks really good though.

Where did you get your bowtie covers? Di you put them on yourself? Great pics and feel free to bless us with some more!
Yes it is 50% tint. I did take into account what the factory puts on but here in MN is 50% +/- 4%. Its partially the light that I took it in because my grand prix behind it has 35% on it and it is way darker. Thanks for the compliment. I got the bowtie covers from a company called Reflective Concepts that is in NY and putthem on myself it was actually really easy to do. They sent me extras as well. Although they don't list them on their website you can email the company and they can make them. And they were only $15 to my door. I don't know how much more will be done to the cruze because of it being my wifes car I tend to do more with my grand prix lol.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Thanks. Yeah we like the color her neon that this replaced was about the same color and its nice because it is easy to keep clean. I like the red calipers that you have on your cruze. Did you paint them yourself? I am going to be getting caliper paint for my grand prix and was thinking about doing the ones on her cruze too.
Nah, if you check my Garage, these are actualy a ZZP 12" front brake kit.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Oh ok how do you like them?
They are very good, better then stock of course, but the supplied pads with this kit are low quality and are ok only for someone who do relaxed driving.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
They are very good, better then stock of course, but the supplied pads with this kit are low quality and are ok only for someone who do relaxed driving.
Yeah I've heard on my grand prix forum that the upgrades from zzp are nice but the pads are crap.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts