Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this has probably been asked before but normally i take my cruze to the dealer for an oil change and be done with it but i hate wating even when i have an appointment so im just going to do it my self im looking to get Mobil 1 Extended Performance since i tend to go past the oil life moniter on the dash. Also when it comes down to Oil filter which is good to get Mobil 1, K&N, WIX, etc. and one last question about the tpms system what do you guys use to reset/relearn the system when you do a tire rotation what tool do you use if you do it yourself i been looking at the Autel TS401 MaxiTPMS TPMS Activation Tool

http://www.amazon.com/Autel-TS401-M...UTF8&qid=1463675741&sr=8-1&keywords=tpms+tool

any feedback is greatly appreciated

oh and if i may add my vehicle already has about 80k plus mileage on it so would mobil 1 EP be ok thanks

·
Registered
280 Posts
I use the Kent-Moore 50448 Re-learn tool, works great, and lot less expensive than the one you have listed. It works on all my GM vehicles, and have never had an issue with it. Amazon carries it also for around $80. Mobil 1 is fine, will not hurt a thing to start using it. Amsoil Signature Series is best synthetic out there IMO, especially if you are going really long periods between changes. I use the AC Delco filters, Wix, and K&N, they are all good filters. Just keep in mind that if you are going to go with extended oil changes, you need to replace the oil filter at around 7500 miles, these filters are not meant to be used for extended oil drains, and have heard of some coming apart when used for long oil change intervals.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks for the info much appreciated I think I will just buy the Mobil1 EP oil for now since that Amsoil is expensive next oil change I will use it and I think ill just get the K&N if its better than AC delco and wix maybe not but i generally like to stay on top of the oil changes and the relearn tool you mentioned I seen it when I searched for a tpms tool but wasn't sure about its quality so next week I will order it and to be sure it is this one correct http://www.amazon.com/Kent-Moore-EL...d=1463683655&sr=8-1&keywords=Kent-Moore+50448

I use the Kent-Moore 50448 Re-learn tool, works great, and lot less expensive than the one you have listed. It works on all my GM vehicles, and have never had an issue with it. Amazon carries it also for around $80. Mobil 1 is fine, will not hurt a thing to start using it. Amsoil Signature Series is best synthetic out there IMO, especially if you are going really long periods between changes. I use the AC Delco filters, Wix, and K&N, they are all good filters. Just keep in mind that if you are going to go with extended oil changes, you need to replace the oil filter at around 7500 miles, these filters are not meant to be used for extended oil drains, and have heard of some coming apart when used for long oil change intervals.

·
Registered
280 Posts
That is it. As far as Amsoil goes, if you decide to start using it, get with XtremeRevolution on this site. Send him a pm, and he can get you hooked up with Amsoil at a fair price. Yes it is more expensive, but if I were going to do any oil change over 7500 miles, I would only use Amsoil. Again this is my opinion, others may differ. Amsoil is a proven superior synthetic over others that are out there. There are some very good debates and info on Amsoil on this site that you can find this information and not just take my word.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah man I will send him a message when i do my next oil change after this but for now i just need an oil change done kind of low on cash so now now mobil 1
That is it. As far as Amsoil goes, if you decide to start using it, get with XtremeRevolution on this site. Send him a pm, and he can get you hooked up with Amsoil at a fair price. Yes it is more expensive, but if I were going to do any oil change over 7500 miles, I would only use Amsoil. Again this is my opinion, others may differ. Amsoil is a proven superior synthetic over others that are out there. There are some very good debates and info on Amsoil on this site that you can find this information and not just take my word.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
If you want to keep your 5 year/100K mile PT warranty, you will not exceed the oil change intervals in your owners manual. Hang unto your receipts to prove you have done it. Also save that dexos and Delco filter box lid. But come October, that is the end of my PT warranty and will have less than 50K miles on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts