Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new here from Vermont. Wife bought a 2013 Cruze and when we run the heater there is a stench of oil in the heat. Watched a couple videos on stink, mostly about antifreeze, but none on oil stink, what can it be? Where do I look ???

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
Antifreeze or antifreeze-like smell happens. Oil smell? That's different.

But the car does have a tendency to pick up smells from the engine compartment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently had my 2012 Cruze LT in the shop for various problems, from a vacuum leak coming from the PCV in the valve cover to a leaking turbo oil feed line, which they said was causing an order when the heater was on. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check your valve cover (The whole valve cover. NOT THE GASKET)it has a built-in PCV valve which will cause high intake pressure if it's clogged and you cannot unclog it you have to buy a valve cover. It will cause a poisonous odor during a idol. Like burning oil. We tried everything. It also would sometimes make the turbo Mount function. Also this was a 2013 Chevy Cruze 1.4 turbo. I believe it's the same for the 1.8 engines as well and probably many other GM newer engines There's also a permanent fix for it because it apparently happens a lot I'll put the link below... Anyways I Hope this helps!! ☮✌😎

1 - 6 of 6 Posts