Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is my baby. I got her back in late 2012 and I've been upgrading her ever since.

Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Chevrolet Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Chevrolet Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Chevrolet cruze

The headlights and running lights were my first priority:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Chevrolet Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet Motor vehicle Headlamp Automotive lighting White Light Black Light Lens flare Lighting Sky Road

Next came the taillights:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Trunk

After that I installed some LED lights in the cabin, cargo area, and license plate. And here's what my baby looks like now:
Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Sedan

We just passed the 20K "mile"stone last Friday:
Vehicle Car Auto part Odometer Measuring instrument

Next on my list are some new wheels and tires. I've had my eyes on the 18" Lexani Lust black machined rims with the lip. So much so that I Photoshopped them onto my car just to visualize them:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Sedan

So what do you all think? I will be posting photos once I get the wheels shipped and installed so that my rendering becomes a reality :)

(All images were taken with either my old iPhone 4S or my current Galaxy S4)

·
Registered
130 Posts
looks good!! were the taillights hard to install?? I am looking at the same for my Cali

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Great job - car looks real nice.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Looks great.

How has the chrome finish been holding up on the running lights? I've been seeing some posting's that the chrome is beginning to stain/tarnish.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks good!! were the taillights hard to install?? I am looking at the same for my Cali
They were somewhat. I have an uncle who's a whiz with cars. The connector they come with is right, but the wires that go into it aren't arranged properly. Sorry if that's kinda vague lol

·
Registered
213 Posts
where did you get the tail lights? I bought mine from Koreanautoparts (girlfriend got them for me for xmas) long story short the pass trunk running light decided to stop working. So, that lead me to dipping the trunk lights and only using them for reverse.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
where did you get the tail lights? I bought mine from Koreanautoparts (girlfriend got them for me for xmas) long story short the pass trunk running light decided to stop working. So, that lead me to dipping the trunk lights and only using them for reverse.
I bought them from eBay from a seller called finedayshop. I bought the headlights and running lights also on eBay from Kmotors.

Funny story about the taillights, the inner driver side tail light started acting up to where it would only light up when I pressed the brakes, not when the headlights were on. I took it to my local shop where they tinkered with it (I cant even begin to remember what they did) and now they're back to normal :) I also had an issue where the passenger headlight started condensating on the inside. I told the seller and they shipped me the entire headlight assembly for the passenger side FREE OF CHARGE. The same auto shop repaired the headlight so now I have a spare! (granted any problems occur only on the passenger side)

·
Registered
639 Posts
What you gonna do with your stock headlights?

Sent from my Thumbs.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What you gonna do with your stock headlights?

Sent from my Thumbs.
Figured I'd just stash them away as spare parts in case I ever need them.

[==knock on wood==]

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks great.

How has the chrome finish been holding up on the running lights? I've been seeing some posting's that the chrome is beginning to stain/tarnish.
I wash this car CONSTANTLY and pay very close attention when I dry it off and I have not noticed any loss of color or shine from these running lights.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts