Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This car has been in the shop 3 times now, one time for new master cylinder and brake booster, and now they are telling me this is normal conditions. The fact of the matter is that I drove 5 more 2013 with close to the same miles and not a single one did what mine is doing. They say it is a 3-4-5 plate issue but my car was manufactured after the date so there is no issue. The service manager says there is an issue but there is no fix so Chevy will not fix.....This is a bad situation and it is only going to get worse. I am not a happy Chevy customer...

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Ask your service manager if he will see if Chevy will authorize the 3-4-5 plate fix. Even though your car was manufactured after the date for this problem you car still has the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The service manager called GM and they said no to the 3-4-5 plate fix....The issue is real bad when the car gets hot with about 10 miles on it, feels like someone is running into the back of you at every light. My Girlfriend will not even drive it now, she says its scary to have that feeling at every stop....I guess the next step is getting some media involved and letting them see all the post and let them drive mine and 5 more like it with the same mileage that do not have the issues....23k for a car 4000 miles and no one has an answer to a valid issue....

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Have you contacted Chevy customer assistance yourself? That would be the next step in getting it resolved. Something says the service manager is hoping you just go away so he can have his techs busy doing non-warranty work that makes far more $$$ than a complicated piece of warranty work.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ah yeah, thanks for reminding me I should go get this fixed

Reactions: brian v

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
If the condition goes away in manual range instead of Drive stopped with your foot on the brake it is the internal trans issue.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
steveb1985,

I'm sorry you are upset. I would like to look into this situation. Could you please private message me you name, number, address, VIN, current mileage and involved dealership? I look forward to hearing from you.

Evan A. (assisting Jackie)
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue! I bought a 2013 chev cruze three weeks ago and a week after I got it, there is a strong pulsation when I'm braking at a light. It feels like the car is revving up to take off. The dealership just told me there is nothing wrong with it! It wasn't like that when I bought it. Also, the reverse cam went to a bright yellow screen with a blue line down it all day yesterday (I even took a pic and showed it to the dealership) and they're saying there is nothing wrong with that either! WTH??? I've been a happy Chevy customer in the past, but definitely won't buy one again if this kind of stuff is going to happen.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I am having the same issue! I bought a 2013 chev cruze three weeks ago and a week after I got it, there is a strong pulsation when I'm braking at a light. It feels like the car is revving up to take off. The dealership just told me there is nothing wrong with it! It wasn't like that when I bought it. Also, the reverse cam went to a bright yellow screen with a blue line down it all day yesterday (I even took a pic and showed it to the dealership) and they're saying there is nothing wrong with that either! WTH??? I've been a happy Chevy customer in the past, but definitely won't buy one again if this kind of stuff is going to happen.
Post that dealership's name here and find a different one. Other members in your area need to know to avoid that dealership as they aren't interested in fixing cars - just selling them.

·
5,722 Posts
I am sorry for your experience kbreveard. Please check your private messages. I requested some information from you so that I can offer assistance.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Ah yeah, thanks for reminding me I should go get this fixed
Best quote of the day for a ghost . I do like your mods list I should go ahead and remove my rear floor mats also . But payed too much for them and they do match the carpet .as far as modding the cabin filter , I am waiting for the new fangled smelly one to come in the mail .

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
The problem is GM pays very short time on a lot of issues.I think your starting to see a trend of repairs being dodged here and there. I have seen a lot of good Techs leave and go with independent repair shops.Or just do something else car related.Down the road this is going to start to hurt the service end of GMs business.Dealers also tend to mismanage shop man power to adding to the problem

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Move to manual range and see if it still does it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm having a similar problem as described above. Around 600 miles my 2013 Cruze started to feel like it was missing when at standstill. At first I thought it might have been the traffic going past as I have been driving an SUV prior to purchasing the Cruze. (The sensation was much like you would feel on a bridge with traffic going by.) Later I was able to recreate the situation while in my driveway. I noticed that it wasn't caused by the AC, Temperature, Electrical, or braking. I also noticed very little drop in the RPM. It does not happen when manually shifting. I took my Cruze in for the free checkup and mentioned the situation when making the appointment. I was told upon arrival that the dealer would not have time to review the situation and to see how it went. I was also asked if the check engine light had come on at any time. (It hasn't) I currently have 1400 miles on a vehicle less than 2 months old. The situation happens inconsistently and does not appear to be an issue at this point but I am concerned. It does appear to happen after driving the vehicle for 15-20 minutes. Suggestions?

·
5,722 Posts
dherring,

Do you have any plans on taking your Cruze back to the dealership for review? I would like to look into this concern further. If you decide you would like your dealership to look into this concern, please private message me your name, VIN, address, phone number, and the name of your GM dealership.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 16 of 16 Posts