Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Called the dealership today for them to flash my '13 Eco for the fog lights to work. They quoted me $120. Just wondering if A, there is a way around this that anybody knows of and B, what others payed or was quoted from other dealerships.

Thanks....PS didn't buy the fogs yet...doin research.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sorry i dont have an answer for you on this but am interested in the outcome. I have a 2013 Eco and want to have the fog/driving light installed. Please keep us posted on what becomes of this

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Most dealers quote an hour of labor for a 5 minute computer update, at least in my experience.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Using my 2012 ECO as the example, there was no reflash required.
Installed myself per the instructions (fancy tools help...I did not remove the bumper cover) all systems work as designed.

The instructions did not indicate a reflash was required.

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Not all of the 2012s need to be flashed. There was a thread here somewhere talking about the 2013s needing to be flashed though. $120 is stupid. I'll check with my dealer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They quoted me $235 for the kit and $500 for install... I ordered the kit myself from GMparts direct for $187 shipped. In the dealers defense the kit was listed on GM parts direct for MSRP $235. I'll keep ya posted as to what happens after install.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Welp, as my luck has it I installed the kit on our 2013 Eco. Of course I need a reflash. :(

The green light turns on in the cluster and behaves as normal but the fogs themselves do not turn on. Damnit!

·
Registered
742 Posts
My local dealer wants $112.00, the next time I go in Im just going to try and do my best negotiating. I figured I might be able to pull in the whole loyalty thing but I hope they will at least drop to $80.00 which is still stupid for 5 minutes of work.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Yeah, $120 at my dealer as well.

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
Requiring the cars computer to be flashed for the fog lights to work now leaves a bad taste in my mouth. There is no logical reason for this change except to make even more money. Someone at GM seen how many people were adding the fog lights themselves(probably with help of the Cruzetalk how to) and decided this was a great way to require a dealer install.

Selling the foglight kit was already making GM money, but that was obviously not enough. What next will I need a reflash to change my own oil or to refill my washer fluid?

·
Registered
742 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sounds about right, I installed fog lights into the 2010 HHR I had and had to have it programmed so that the light would light on the dash. They charged me one hour labor to do it. so $125

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.