Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Cruze is 13 months old and has 4300 miles on it. I noticed a surging/rocking sensation with the brake applied and very slowly creeping forward,if the brake is fully released while stopped it is still slightly felt,if put into reverse it does not do this.It's very annoying.I took my car to the dealer for the "1 year" oil change/tire rotation and I described the issue and stated the issue occured at less than 1mph,the mechanic sped off through the dealer lot and onto the highway floored,he come back and said it was normal that the engine was sensitive to vacuum from the brakes.I'm not sure what to do? My dealer is a hour away.It is not bad driving in town but picking my child up from school is a slow moving process and that's when it's really noticed.Anyone experience this with their 1.8 Auto?

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
She's feeling the trans cycle in and out of nuetral as designed.

OP......Your Cruze has a fuel economy enhancement feature that essentially puts the trans in nuetral when stopped.....the moment you lift off the brake, the trans goes back into gear.....stop again, trans to nuetral, release the brake, back in gear.....and so on.....you actually are creating the effect.....

Per your description, it is operating as designed.

Rob

·
Registered
16 Posts
I posted about this a few months ago when I got my car. One of the mods on here contacted the dealer for me and the dealer called me a few days later. I was also told by the dealer that this was a fuel economy "feature" that the car had. I have just leaned to ignore it even thought it bothered me at first. I love the car but will most likely get a new one with a manual transmission in a few years. Was going to go with the M6 in the first place but I had a dislocated knee cap at the time and was not able to drive a manual (got an auto transmission for free to make the deal on the car same day). I would assume that this would cause more wear and tear on the transmission if it just keeps going between being in neutral and in gear as described above but what do I know! lol..

·
Registered
252 Posts
What I noticed helps is if you switch to manual mode. It will force the transmission to stay in first gear instead of switching between first and neutral. All the hesitation goes away.. Just remember to shift up when you start driving or put it back to D.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.