Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wondering if you could help me...my car just started making a loud rumbling sound/feel that vibrates the whole car when I take off in first and second and gets quieter and less vibrating once im cruising in 3rd or higher. It also rumbles and vibrates when im backing up. It also vibrates a little when it's idling and vibrates/rumbles a little more when I rev the engine. The check engine light is not on. It doesn't seem to have lost any power, but it doesn't have a lot of power to begin with. Any suggestions as to what it may be would be very helpful.

·
Super Moderator
7,787 Posts

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,317 Posts
Yeah, I think Tomko is on the right track.

Does it rattle if you prod the throttle from idle with the clutch out in neutral, start the car, or make strange noises at low RPM?

This is what mine sounded like.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could be the dual mass flywheel... Cant really tell if the sound is similar because I don't have a diesel. I'm gonna do an inspection of the muffler and see if there's a hole or something. I did an o.b.d read and it was fine. Not sure if the flywheel has a sensor.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,317 Posts
Mine would alternate back and forth between being "fine" (normal) and locked up (rattling, rough idle and low RPM operation). Eventually it shook the entire car violently at idle.

If you hear that noise on startup, definitely the flywheel.

There are no sensors in the manual transmissions whatsoever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts