Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you fellow Cruzetalk members attending your states Motor Trend International Auto Show this year in 2013? Anyone attended these Auto shows before? How are they?

I hope and plan on attending the Virginia Motor Trend International Auto Show in Richmond, VA, for my birthday (March 8th), that'll be running from March 22-24. This will be my first time going to an auto show and from the looks of pics and videos of prior years Motor Trend Auto shows, it's going to be a great time!

These state auto shows would be a great place to meet up with fellow cruzetalk members too!

Here is the whole 2013 show motor trend auto show schedule... Show Schedule - Motor Trend Show Schedule

·
Contest Manager
2,251 Posts
All too far from me... :/
But I do know there is another auto show going on in Pittsburgh on valentines day :D
Might take a miracle to get my GF talked into going though.

We went to one at the same place last year and it was a pretty good time.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet volt Bumper

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
For anyone near San Jose, I'm going to the auto show on the 10th. I for one cant wait to see the new Impala, and I'm hoping the C7 Corvette will be there as well, although if I remember correctly, it wont be debuted until the 13th :(.

Reactions: Starks8

·
Epic Beard Man
5,388 Posts
I'll be going to the NAIAS, which starts to the public on January 19th. My company is paying for all of us to go as well as our parking, so in that case, I'm happy to go! I normally hate going to the city of Detroit, but I might just have to make an exception here.

Reactions: Starks8

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be going to the NAIAS, which starts to the public on January 19th. My company is paying for all of us to go as well as our parking, so in that case, I'm happy to go! I normally hate going to the city of Detroit, but I might just have to make an exception here.
Nice! Make sure you take lots of pics and post em here, lol!

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been seeing a lot of coverage and cool stuff about the 2013 Detroit Auto Show on the news and on the internet! I'm sure you're getting pretty excited since you are going?

·
Epic Beard Man
5,388 Posts
I've been seeing a lot of coverage and cool stuff about the 2013 Detroit Auto Show on the news and on the internet! I'm sure you're getting pretty excited since you are going?
Yeah, I suppose, but the excitement wears off a bit by the time it opens to the public. Every day for the next two weeks will have tons of news coverage. Yesterday and today are media days, tomorrow and Thursday are industry days, Friday is the charity preview, and then it finally opens to the public on Saturday. I think I'll go in the evening some day next week to avoid some of the large crowds. If I went this Saturday, I bet there would be 20 minute waits to sit in a popular car if not longer. A salesman from the company gets to go on Thursday, which he said yesterday will be great because even though it's an industry day, there really aren't many people there and it's easy to get pics and look at the cars.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well I went to the Virginia Motor Trend International Auto Show in Richmond, VA this weekend with my wife and our friends and it was a awesome experience! I can only imagine how much more awesome these larger auto shows are, say like in Chicago, LA, Detroit, etc. I would like to make this an annual thing that my wife and our friends do now. Here are just a few of my observations from the show...

Favorite Car: 2013 Chevy Cruze LTZ RS

Coolest Car: Tesla Model S

Most Positively Surprising Car: 2014 Mazda6 Sedan

Best looking Exterior & Most Disappointing Interior: 2013 Lincoln MKZ'S

Best All Around Cars: 2013 Toyota Avalon & 2013 Honda Accord

Most Badass Car: 2013 Hot Wheels Camaro

Most Eye Catching Car: 2014 Lexus IS 350

Nicest SUV's/ Crossover's: 2013 Toyota Highlander & 2013 Nissan Pathfinder

Best Double-Take Car: 2013 Ford Taurus SHO

Most Unique Cars: The Various Maserati's

Most Comfy Interior: 2013 Nissan Altima

Highest Quality Interiors: 2013 Chevys and Buicks

Best Front Fascia's: Audi's

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Well I went to the Virginia Motor Trend International Auto Show in Richmond, VA this weekend with my wife and our friends and it was a awesome experience! I can only imagine how much more awesome these larger auto shows are, say like in Chicago, LA, Detroit, etc. I would like to make this an annual thing that my wife and our friends do now. Here are just a few of my observations from the show...

Favorite Car: 2013 Chevy Cruze LTZ RS

Coolest Car: Tesla Model S

Most Positively Surprising Car: 2014 Mazda6 Sedan

Best looking Exterior & Most Disappointing Interior: 2013 Lincoln MKZ'S

Best All Around Cars: 2013 Toyota Avalon & 2013 Honda Accord

Most Badass Car: 2013 Hot Wheels Camaro

Most Eye Catching Car: 2014 Lexus IS 350

Nicest SUV's/ Crossover's: 2013 Toyota Highlander & 2013 Nissan Pathfinder

Best Double-Take Car: 2013 Ford Taurus SHO

Most Unique Cars: The Various Maserati's

Most Comfy Interior: 2013 Nissan Altima

Highest Quality Interiors: 2013 Chevys and Buicks

Best Front Fascia's: Audi's
Fav car 2013 Chevy Cruze LTZ RS. Just one question why?

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fav car 2013 Chevy Cruze LTZ RS. Just one question why?
I said it was my favorite car there, not the best car, lol! And why? Because I'm partial to the Cruze obviously and because it's one of the best sedans in the compact segment for various reasons that both you, I, and all our forum members know and have discussed many times already, lol!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.