Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

This is my first time posting on the forum. I have a 2013 Chevy Cruze LT (108,119 miles) that has a couple issues I just had diagnosed by a dealership (stupid, overpriced). It did not throw any codes, but I noticed a smell coming through my vents when I had my heat on and noticed a small puddle of coolant beneath where I had been parking my car. The dealership found the following issues, but I am not letting them do repairs due to the astronomical prices quoted to me, which I half expected. Just didn't expect that there would be this many problems.

1. Oil Coolant Lines need to be replaced they are leaking
  2. Engine Oil Pan Gasket Replacement due to a leak
  3. Coolant Leak from the outlet (housing)?

After leaving the dealership, I noticed that my car which I had already been noticing a slightly higher rpm at idle, rougher idle, was now shifting at higher rpm's. Nothing dramatically different, but noticeable. I have been very, very, very sensitive to the changes going on with my Cruze which saved me a **** ton of money while it was under warranty still due to repairs that I just sensed differences in operation, it had only thrown two codes one for the turbo, and one with the faulty battery cable that was covered under recall. All the issues with the PCV valve, Valve cover gasket, Transmission, etc., were self diagnosed and thank God covered under warranty which is now up.

My questions are:

1. How difficult are the above repairs, do I need to jack up the engine itself?
  2. Could the above issues be causing the rougher idle/higher rpms? The car is not running hot.
  3. If these issues aren't causing the higher/rougher idle, what could it possibly be how can I diagnose this problem?

I appreciate any and all feedback. I loved spending Valentine's Day at the shop with my Cruze....... :wacko:

Thanks,

Amber

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
The coolant outlet repair is pretty easy, it's right on the top of the engine near the oil filter housing.

Get a Haynes manual to see if you're up to the rest.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Search Cruze water outlet on youtube.. That's number 3 on the list I think..

Search Buick Encore Oil Pan on youtube for a oil pan gasket resealing. Get an E10 External torx socket for this job at Autozone or Oriellys.. Please don't be as "hacky" as the guy that does this video. I thank him for sharing, but I don't appreciate bending car parts for access to other parts.

The first one I don't know what exactly we're talking about. Find the links, and either post pictures, or upload video's to Youtube and put the link here and we can be of greater assistance.

Pictures of where this coolant is coming from if your smelling it in the car. Could be water outlet and tube that goes back to the top of the coolant reservior. That's a fairly common repair, and there's youtube video's of that as well.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
If #1 is the oil cooler lines leaking that take the automatic transmission fluid to the radiator that's a bit of a mess. That's also a fairly common problem. I had a shop do mine for around $350 with parts included.

Oil Coolant lines.. There's lots of oil coolant lines under the hood.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts