Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, so I have a few issues with my unit and I was curious if I could do my own repairs or if I need an OEM replacement.
First, my Bluetooth function doesn't work, my phone recognizes the car but my car doesn't allow for the function to be selected when I flip between audio sources.
Second, the USB port charges my phone but I cannot play music from it when the USB function is selected -- music plays for around 10 seconds, then cuts out. It keeps 'playing' on my phone and car, but there is no sound.
Most recently, my aux function gave out as well. I replaced the cord, and nothing happened. When I connect my phone and hit play, music comes from my phone only and is not registered by the car.
It is not just my phone, I've tried these functions with other phones and receive the same results. Would these issues be solved if I unplugged and plugged in certain things in the fuse box? Or another fix I could do manually? Or would buying an OEM radio unit fix this? If so, would I be able to connect the replacement to my steering wheel controls/backup camera?
Thanks

·
Registered
329 Posts
Unless you have the MyLink system I think I would buy aftermarket and get a better stereo for less money. GM charges a crapton of money for their stereos and you can get better aftermarket for much less. Stock unit is close to $400 unless you can find it wholesale which then brings it down to about $270.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts