Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2013 Rear Bumper Cover Question

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  glava2876 
#1 ·
My son has a 2013 LT and ran over a curb hidden by snow. Luckily it only damaged the rear DS bumper cover and the alignment seems fine.
There is no paint damage, but the seam at the top where it meet the wheel opening was popped out about 1".
When he was home from college, I was able to push it back in, but it is still out a little and I can see a small piece of broken plastic at the front edge. I want to be sure that it doesn't come back apart and wondered if anyone knows how the rear bumper attaches on the top edge so that when he is home again I can fix it better.
Thanks

#2 ·
If it's anything like the front bumper and how it connects with the fender, it's just clips and the holes the clips go in tend to break very easily and that's likely what happened if it still sticks out a little. It's not really a big deal as the bumpers are REALLY on there, even with broken clip points.

#3 ·
Pics would help us out a lot granted I have like 0 pics of my damaged and split left bumper cover in similar spot from 3 separate hits. Depending on how bad it is, you may have to heat it up to reform it enough to "just fit" again below the tail light. Rear bumpers depending where you look are kinda cheaper than a deductible if that's the single damaged item back there.

#4 ·
Unfortunately he is at college now, so I'll be looking at it more next time he is home. Again, at the very front edge it was 1" I was able to push it back in to about 1/8" and it seemed to stay, but I could tell that at the very end something was broken -looked like a separate black plastic piece, which is probably the clip?
After pushing it back, it is definitely not something most people would notice, but I just want to be sure that it stays in place.
Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.