Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Kind of new to the forum and I've had my Cruze RS for about a month now. Seems to be a solid-ish platform for a DD. Plenty of fun stuff to do.

I'd like to get some lowering springs, but all the suppliers are stating "not for RS models." Is this true or have they just not tested them on RS models? I know the dampers are slightly stiffer, but otherwise its just a style package for interior/exterior from my knowledge.

·
Registered
481 Posts
There is not any difference the suspension from RS to standard of the same trim package. If it works on an Lt it'll work on a lt RS

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, any recommendations? People seem to be head-over-heals for Eibachs. H&R and some other brands are coming up as options from my search. Seems only tow adjustment is needed to run with stock dampers w/ little to no tire wear?

·
10,712 Posts
There is not any difference the suspension from RS to standard of the same trim package. If it works on an Lt it'll work on a lt RS
RS and Eco springs are lower and for that reason springs like H&R won't drop the car.

Also, any recommendations? People seem to be head-over-heals for Eibachs. H&R and some other brands are coming up as options from my search. Seems only tow adjustment is needed to run with stock dampers w/ little to no tire wear?
H&R will raise the height of your RS Cruze. They are marked not for RS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RS and Eco springs are lower and for that reason springs like H&R won't drop the car.

H&R will raise the height of your RS Cruze. They are marked not for RS.

That being said, I'd assume I'd get closer to 0.8" drop then, not 1.5" that people are claiming.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts