Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Are you interested?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as some you might know the original M32 short shifter offered by BNR does not fit 2013s+. Luckily, there is a new version and it offers a faster install and an advertised 50% reduction in throw. BUT ordering from across the pond can be expensive - $53 to be exact. The catch is that they only charge you shipping once, regardless of how many items you order.

I'm proposing a plan to save us ~$40. Please note, I'm doing this not a vendor but as a fellow Cruzer looking to save. I'm in now way trying to step on Jerry's toes (just impatient).

So, what's the deal. I'd like to place a bulk order for the new version ($132). I'll pay the shipping cost once and then we can all split the cost accordingly.

How it'll work:
I'll need at least 9 commitments (with me being the 10th). If your committed, I'll ask you paypal me a deposit (the cost of the short shifter). Once I have the short shifters in hand, I'll ship them right out and will email everyone there additional amount owed - which would be the shipping costs.

PM me if this does not make sense.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Pretty impatient myself, specially after trying to put the original on and realizing it does not fit.lol

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So with the 4 people interested we would be looking at a sale price of ~$150 shipped which is a savings of $35. I'm looking at placing the order on Monday September 2nd.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I believe the redesigned the housing

This brilliant insight is brought to you via my Galaxy SIII
It is the housing. I ordered the one for the 2011-2012 and then found out it didn't work...So pissed.lol Sent it back to BNR friday and just waiting on my money to get put back in my account.

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
Well as some you might know the original M32 short shifter offered by BNR does not fit 2013s+. Luckily, there is a new version and it offers a faster install and an advertised 50% reduction in throw. BUT ordering from across the pond can be expensive - $53 to be exact. The catch is that they only charge you shipping once, regardless of how many items you order.

I'm proposing a plan to save us ~$40. Please note, I'm doing this not a vendor but as a fellow Cruzer looking to save. I'm in now way trying to step on Jerry's toes (just impatient).

So, what's the deal. I'd like to place a bulk order for the new version ($132). I'll pay the shipping cost once and then we can all split the cost accordingly.

How it'll work:
I'll need at least 9 commitments (with me being the 10th). If your committed, I'll ask you paypal me a deposit (the cost of the short shifter). Once I have the short shifters in hand, I'll ship them right out and will email everyone there additional amount owed - which would be the shipping costs.

PM me if this does not make sense.
Why don't you see if Jerry at BNR will do a sale or something since he is a supporting vendor on this forum and has shown us so much love with all that he offers.

It is the housing. I ordered the one for the 2011-2012 and then found out it didn't work...So pissed.lol Sent it back to BNR friday and just waiting on my money to get put back in my account.
That is a good thing. That's why I asked Jerry to contact the company after I already contacted Opel-Tech personally after Grease Monkey showed this item to me. I was the first one to try it out in the U.S. But i'm glad to see there being a new part.

Reactions: widebody60

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried that but they said they should be getting some in the next shipment. however, they weren't specific on what that meant and wouldn't give me a price.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Still looking at ordering them on Sept 2nd?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, that is still the plan. Next week, I will PM the people that said they would be interested in this. As of right now, we have 5 people. So we're looking at a 80% savings on the shipping!

·
Vendor
979 Posts
I can order these for you guys if you will actually buy them. I've been burned before with stuff like this where people say they will buy but then never do. I'd do it for you guys though. Or if you guys want to prepay I can lock in a better deal maybe? We have a dealer account with MTECH so we can probably get these cheaper than the price they're giving you, and also save on the shipping since I can order this with my next batch of 2011-2012 M32s (I'll be ordering those very shortly as we are out of stock)

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
I can order these for you guys if you will actually buy them. I've been burned before with stuff like this where people say they will buy but then never do. I'd do it for you guys though. Or if you guys want to prepay I can lock in a better deal maybe? We have a dealer account with MTECH so we can probably get these cheaper than the price they're giving you, and also save on the shipping since I can order this with my next batch of 2011-2012 M32s (I'll be ordering those very shortly as we are out of stock)
So the m32s are selling well then I'm glad to hear that Jerry. I love mine still lol.

Sent From An Antique,
My Original Droid.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jerry, either way is fine with me. I'm a man of word and I want one of these. Can you PM me a price and ETA on when you could get me one? And if you need a deposit, just let me know.

Note, I'm going to take a look at where this installs tonight because I curious on when GM changed this. Mine is a 2013 but purchased in October so obviously manufactured in 2012.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm placing the order Friday at 2pm ET. If you are interested in getting your short shifter with discounted shipping PM me to join the "group buy".

1 - 20 of 25 Posts