Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2014 1.4 T 6 speed MT over heating

545 9
I just got my car two or two weeks ago from a used Honda dealership. The day after I got the car the check engine light came on and it was putting out the P420 code. I brought the car in, they replaced the cat and two days later it came back on. I brought it back in and they said this time they will put on a OEM cat but I would need a few days to get the part but it would be ok for me to drive the car until the new part gets in stock. Today on my way to work the car over heated so of course I brought it back. I just got the call that the cat was replaced but they can't find out what is causing the car to over heat and they may have no choice but to have the Chevy dealership fix the car. I should find out tomorrow morning.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,050 Posts
Are they doing these repairs at your expense? If they are paying for the repairs let them take it to a chevy dealer.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all jokes aside I just got told that the service department is fighting with the sales department about who is going to fix the car. The service department is trying to get the car sent to the chevy dealership because they cant find the problem and the sales department does not want to pay for it. So right now my car is stuck in limbo.

· Registered
2,050 Posts
Meanwhile your 30 day warranty is ticking by. Good luck with the bs dealer. I hope they are giving you a loaner as well. If they ever get it over to a chevy dealer have them pull a service record of the vehicle to know what repairs if any have been done at a gm dealer. It will give u an idea of where your at with issues with the car.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here is an update.
The chevy dealership replaced a Simi blown over flow hose to the coolant fill tank and a new OEM cat was put on the car. so far it has been 4 days and no over heating or engine lights. I will up date later as well.

· Registered
32 Posts
all jokes aside I just got told that the service department is fighting with the sales department about who is going to fix the car. The service department is trying to get the car sent to the chevy dealership because they cant find the problem and the sales department does not want to pay for it. So right now my car is stuck in limbo.
For any days that it was in 'limbo' request an extension on the 30 day warranty. It is not your concern for a delay that the 'dealer' is having an internal struggle. You are Not in possession of the vehicle and they are not fixing it. They don't get to chew up warranty time that way. I know you bought it used, and I forgot what year it was, but chevy extended the warranty on several parts to 10 years/100k.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts