Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2014 Cruze 1.4 Ltz RS I bought a few years ago. I have had a host of issues with it. The latest issue was I had parked the car after a long Christmas day drive, everything working fine. The next day I went out to leave and everything came on and the engine would crank like crazy but wouldn't start ( push button btw). Firstly I didn't make sure anything obvious was going on then grabbed the volt meter and the battery read 12.58. So for the heck of it I tried jumping it, still nothing.

So I removed the battery and cleaned the he'll out of every connection. Heard about the neg cable crimp so went ahead and did that while I was under the hood. Checked all fuses couldn't find a thing wrong. I was leaving the battery on the tender during all my trials. I put it back in and had a friend come over with his laptop and HP tuners and nothing turned up. So we gave up late last night.

Come to find out the harness that plugs into the coil rail wasn't getting power. Still couldn't find the issue. Long story short I came out this morning to try a few guesses, sat in the car and hit the button for fun and if fired up first crank! I only tested a couple fuses I didn't touch anything else. Good chance of it coming back?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Good chance of it coming back?
Since you don't know what caused the problem originally, I'd say there's a good chance.

One member had a problem with the ignition relay. That seems like a good place to check - or just replace it for kicks and grins. It's fairly cheap and easy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts