Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start, I have read over the 90+ pages of the MyLink upgrade and I am aware of the programming. With that being said lets start.
I Have a 2014 1lt with green screen and standard 6 speaker system. I want to upgrade to MyLink with Backup camera.
I have the opportunity to get this from a 2012.
Electronics Technology Vehicle Renault laguna Car

Is this touchscreen?
Is this capable of installing a backup cam?
Is there a difference in the control panel compared to the one with the house button on it?

I guess mostly I am asking, Is there/what are the feature changes on the non-nav silver box models? Will this setup work for me?

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
That is a touch screen.

It is impossible to tell whether it is capable of using a backup cam from the photos. The backup cam is a software option. The only way to know if the software includes the backup cam is to know whether the car had it. The option code for the camera is UVC. It might be listed on the sticker in the glove box, or you can look it up by the VIN number.

Those components did not all come from the same car. The option codes listed on the radio are UFU and UP9. That is a standard non-navigation unit. However, the control panel is for a navigation unit, which would have option codes UHQ and UP9. There are hardware differences inside the radio for the nav and non-nav models. That control panel probably won't work with that radio box.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I was under the impression that MyLink didn't appear until 2013. Too many things wrong with this picture - run away.

Besides. If you want backup guidelines, you'll need a radio out of a 2015 or 2016 Limited.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts