Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help wondering if somebody has some electrical diagrams for the ac system for a 2014 2.0. The ac pump clutch engages and disengages properly with the button. Right now the condenser fan isn’t kicking on while the ac is engaged. I also checked pressures and the low side is reading high (85) and high side is reading low (120ish) checked fuses and all 4 relays under hood. The ac worked perfect before i swapped the engine in this car and i never did break the system i just removed compressor and wired it up in engine bay and hooked it back up on new engine. I also show b393b-04 on the hvac control module. Thanks In advance

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
The condenser fan doesn't kick on untill 325 psi.

The best way to read your pressures is at 2000 rpms. Not idle.

Your readings indicate bad compressor if your system is fully charged. But you say cycling off and on which sounds like low on charge.

Run your motor at 2000 rpm and what's the pressures? Using those cans. You may have air in the system also.

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,151 Posts
This is my second summer fighting with my A/C. It will freeze you out of the car when it's under 75 outside or the car is in the shade, but if it's in the sunlight, or the temp is in the upper 80s or 90s, it only cools when the car is moving, and not as well as it used to. Refrigerant pressures are perfect. Just replaced radiator fan and all relays, but still the same problem. Only other thing I can think of for mine is possibly the expansion valve, or that it's a fan wiring problem.

·
Premium Member
2015 CTD
360 Posts
Was in the same boat last summer, Ended up being a bad compressor. Off topic but may I ask why the motor was replaced?

·
Registered
2014 Cruze Diesel, 200k miles, PPEI Tuned
44 Posts
So you had the same situation as @revjpeterson and the fix was replacing the compressor? I'm in the same boat. It works, but it seems like it could work better.
Yup, felt like it was working but not like it should. Sent it to my mechanic so he could look it over, he topped off the Freon as it was alittle low. It worked good for a few days and then it got worse than before. System cleaning and new compressor was the fix for mine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The condenser fan doesn't kick on untill 325 psi.

The best way to read your pressures is at 2000 rpms. Not idle.

Your readings indicate bad compressor if your system is fully charged. But you say cycling off and on which sounds like low on charge.

Run your motor at 2000 rpm and what's the pressures? Using those cans. You may have air in the system also.
When i say cycling on and off i meant the clutch engages on with the button and stays on then back off with the button

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i will run up the rpm’s with my scan tool and recheck pressures thanks. I’m starting to think compressor is the problem as well just weird it worked perfect before i swapped engines and now it doesn’t.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Well, I guess I can't complain. I tested mine today with a meat thermometer.

Outside air temperature was 90'. With recirculate off (one tick up on cold, button off) it was 56'. With recirculate on (on max cold, button on) it was 48'

I think that is respectable and I should just leave my windows down more to help the car stay cool.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Maybe the 6 degree difference was because I had it one tick up on temperature. I suppose I could have left it there and tested recirculate on/off which would be more accurate.

But if you are cooling previously cooled air, I don't see how yours is cooler using hotter outside air.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok so i checked the pressures With rpm’s up and they haven’t changed i found a code for compressor valve control circuit wondering if anybody has a wiring diagram for hvac control module for this car? Thanks in advance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts