Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2014 CDT and now 2015 CDT nox and o2 sensors always going out

4689 Views 25 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Chevy Customer Care
Hi all,

I am now on my second CDT, the 2015 model. As with the 2014 model, after about three months the nox sensor went out. The dealership here would have to jump through what ever hoops that GM puts them through, just so they can prove to GM it is the nox sensor, and order another on.

Basically, each time this has occurred, either with nox or the O2 sensor, the vehicle is in the shop for at least a week.

I am trying to see if any other CDT owners have faced similar issues. I am originally from west Texas, now living in Nashville, TN. I grew up around diesels all my life, and I have owned many diesel trucks and SUV's. I was excited to learn of the CDT, but now I am having to start to wonder if I have been swindled on this.

Any information would be helpful at this point.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
2,987 Posts
i work at a chevy dealer here in Florida. the shop only does a inspection when the truck rolls off the carrier. the sales side orders a clean and delivery ( car wash and full tank of gas). the salesman dropped the ball on ya. for diesel service try to look around and go to a chevy dealer that has a lot of diesel truck sales and service. they are more likely to be able to fully understand and repair the CTD vs the schmuck that only does gasoline.

· Premium Member
2,987 Posts
I will be in Fort Meyers March and April, could you recommend a dealer that I should use if the need arises
im not bragging here but come to my dealer " Estero bay Chevrolet" i do all the warranty calls for the GM 1800 help hot line and they send me GM warranty work that non of the other dealers can get done. call us and ask for pedro and ill set ya an appointment

· Premium Member
2,987 Posts
dont forget sunglasses, mosquito spray, and shorts. also blood pressure pills cause the drivers here average 80 year old plus lol

· Premium Member
2,987 Posts
Off Topic, but take the fellow oil burner for a Everglades airboat ride just south of Marco. Me and the family had the time of our life!!! You can find one on Groupon :wink:

Daughter is at FGCU in FM and the reason I got an oil burner is that her roommate has the TDI and gets phenomenal mileage.
wow that's unexpected. i live like 5 minutes from fgcu lol, and my Chevy dealer i work is 7 minutes away from fgcu too. ill look into the groupon air boat. i loved those things in the everglades.

· Premium Member
2,987 Posts
Know Englewood??? That's where the oil burner will be part of year. Too bad my daughter has a Mustang or I'd have her take it to your place for service...... Her remotes need to be rekeyed to her car due to a theft.
yup i pass there when i go to the flea market. we do all makes if she needs it, but yes the remote would be at ford dealer. they do oil changes here for 39.99 for semi synthetic with a free tire rotation and they top off your fluids. at employee prices its cheaper then me even getting on the floor to do it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.