Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
240 Posts
ehhh if you go to the Naples gardens and nature trails you'll need it, if you stay in the city nah wont need it

Off Topic, but take the fellow oil burner for a Everglades airboat ride just south of Marco. Me and the family had the time of our life!!! You can find one on Groupon ;)

Daughter is at FGCU in FM and the reason I got an oil burner is that her roommate has the TDI and gets phenomenal mileage.

Reactions: pandrad61

· Premium Member
2,987 Posts
Off Topic, but take the fellow oil burner for a Everglades airboat ride just south of Marco. Me and the family had the time of our life!!! You can find one on Groupon :wink:

Daughter is at FGCU in FM and the reason I got an oil burner is that her roommate has the TDI and gets phenomenal mileage.
wow that's unexpected. i live like 5 minutes from fgcu lol, and my Chevy dealer i work is 7 minutes away from fgcu too. ill look into the groupon air boat. i loved those things in the everglades.

· Registered
240 Posts
wow that's unexpected. i live like 5 minutes from fgcu lol, and my Chevy dealer i work is 7 minutes away from fgcu too. ill look into the groupon air boat. i loved those things in the everglades.

Know Englewood??? That's where the oil burner will be part of year. Too bad my daughter has a Mustang or I'd have her take it to your place for service...... Her remotes need to be rekeyed to her car due to a theft.

· Premium Member
2,987 Posts
Know Englewood??? That's where the oil burner will be part of year. Too bad my daughter has a Mustang or I'd have her take it to your place for service...... Her remotes need to be rekeyed to her car due to a theft.
yup i pass there when i go to the flea market. we do all makes if she needs it, but yes the remote would be at ford dealer. they do oil changes here for 39.99 for semi synthetic with a free tire rotation and they top off your fluids. at employee prices its cheaper then me even getting on the floor to do it

· Registered
157 Posts
To get back on topic, I had too many CEL's on my 14 CTD, from 02 sensors (2), part matter sensor(1), and DEF tank replacement. I traded it in at 57K with it having another off an on CEL. I still check on the forum for my buddy who bought the same car after I did. His has been problem free for the most part, he did throw a CEL but it went out on its own? So, not all are problematic but there is another post here on how many CTD's have had emission issues.

· Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hi all,

I am now on my second CDT, the 2015 model. As with the 2014 model, after about three months the nox sensor went out. The dealership here would have to jump through what ever hoops that GM puts them through, just so they can prove to GM it is the nox sensor, and order another on.

Basically, each time this has occurred, either with nox or the O2 sensor, the vehicle is in the shop for at least a week.

I am trying to see if any other CDT owners have faced similar issues. I am originally from west Texas, now living in Nashville, TN. I grew up around diesels all my life, and I have owned many diesel trucks and SUV's. I was excited to learn of the CDT, but now I am having to start to wonder if I have been swindled on this.

Any information would be helpful at this point.
Hi Eric,

Very sorry for the unexpected concerns involving your 2015 CTD! This is certainly not the kind of impression we wanted to provide you, and I would be more than happy to look into this more for you if needed. Feel free to send me a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. Looking forward to your response soon!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.