Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help, anyone??

So earlier today, driving to work a message starts flashing across the dash "Service Stabletrak". When the message popped on the radio would shut off. So would all of the information on the dash , Mph, etc. Then it would flip back on I'm 3-5 secs. After work, i try to start the car, it won't turn over, key gets stuck in accessory position and won't come out, no lights radio, anything.

Fast forward, AAA shows up to jump it. The tech "shocked the computer using the negative charge", car starts -- Voila! All's well. The tech said he thought the battery in the key fob was dead or dying, and it triggered the anti-theft system. Thoughts? I've seen many of these same posts online, so I was hoping maybe someone has a solid answer before I take it to the dealership?

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
The key sticking will occur anytime the key is turned and battery voltage is lost.

Your car does have a electrical problem so off to the dealer......there is a product update for the negative battery cable developing high resistance and a free replacement is part of the program......this may be your cars problem but should be used as a starting point regardless.

Nothing to do with the fob.....that was a tow truck driver pretending to know something.....disregard.

Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts