Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Chevy Cruze turbo, it has 86,000 miles on it. The car seems like it takes way to long to accelerate from a complete stop. And it feels like it takes way too long to switch gears when I’m trying to get up to anything above 30mph. When I come to a stop and I press the breaks the RPM gauge will jump up before coming down. Sometimes when I’m stopped the RPMs will bounce up slightly from like a 1 to about a 1 1/2 and the car will shudder a bit. Today when I was driving home on a highway and I took a turn onto the highway and tried to get it up to 55mph I let my foot off the gas slightly and the car lurched forward. I don’t know much about cars and I don’t want to drop a bunch of money at the dealership trying to figure out what could be going on with my car. There’s no check engine light or sensors being triggered, and the temp gauge is fine. It does have a minuscule oil leak but it’s not even enough of a leak for the oil loss to be shown on the dipstick. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sounds like maybe a vacuum leak to me? Due to the hunting idle and idle surge when you tap the brakes. It sounds like the turbo may not be running given your description of the acceleration, I experienced nasty heat soak on mine when temps got above 112F. From a stop with no boost, the car kind of winds and winds through 1st gear while the car gradually builds up speed, about the time I hit 25 or 30MPH I got boost back and it was back to normal. But all the other stuff could just be due to no boost honestly. To be honest, I'd go to one of those parts stores and have them run the scan tool on it, it probably does have codes set. The check engine light, there's specific conditions (I assume probably EPA specified) where the check engine light must turn on, otherwise it doesn't have to. There's loads and loads of codes that could make the car run like a dog but not set a CEL, luckily most codes point pretty directly to what the problem is. (Edit: Quite a few codes lead to the computer not running the turbo, if you fix the cause of whatever code you find the turbo will probably spring back to life on it's own and your power will come back.)
Good luck!
--Henry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts