Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my car had a loud humming when reaching 60 MPH and the RPMs floating a bit, i switched out both oxygen sensors with OEM ones. The possibilities of a wheel bearing was also ruled out. The codes Im getting are the following:

p0030
p0053
p0131
p0135
p1101

Ive read in some research that maybe I should replace the MAF sensor and check the EXH fuse (?) but Im really unsure on how to proceed. Please advice :(

Car symptoms other than the humming is just really bad fuel economy.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
2,891 Posts
Exhaust leak? Have possible PCV issues been addressed?

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
2,891 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
2,891 Posts
For an exhaust leak I normally feel around for the first few seconds before a cold start. Or put soapy water in a spray bottle and look for bubbles. Again before it heats up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2 years ago aprox I came to this forum to replace this exact piece on the the same car the pvc valve cover. Is it a possible it could have gone bad again?

Just to clarify....the engine codes I listed are popping up AFTER REPLACING (and before replacing) both upstream and downstream oxygen sensors.

Whats the possibility that I could have got a faulty upstream sensor :(

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
2,891 Posts
2 years ago aprox I came to this forum to replace this exact piece on the the same car the pvc valve cover. Is it a possible it could have gone bad again?

Just to clarify....the engine codes I listed are popping up AFTER REPLACING (and before replacing) both upstream and downstream oxygen sensors.

Whats the possibility that I could have got a faulty upstream sensor :(
Yes, if you replaced it with a GM part, it absolutely could fail again. Dorman makes a fixed version of the intake, or you can get a fix kit from www.Cruzekits.com

You can check if the nipple is still inside of the intake manifold.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, if you replaced it with a GM part, it absolutely could fail again. Dorman makes a fixed version of the intake, or you can get a fix kit from www.Cruzekits.com

You can check if the nipple is still inside of the intake manifold.
sorry for the late reply. barely coming back to town tonight.

so just to be sure: a failed PVC valve cover or intake manifold would make my car throw codes for the bank 1 oxygen sensor and the other codes i listed?

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
10,964 Posts
sorry for the late reply. barely coming back to town tonight.

so just to be sure: a failed PVC valve cover or intake manifold would make my car throw codes for the bank 1 oxygen sensor and the other codes i listed?
Did you read the post. It gives you the possible codes cased by a failed intake manifold PCV valve. It also explains the possible collateral damage as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you read the post. It gives you the possible codes caused by a failed intake manifold PCV valve. It also explains the possible collateral damage as well.
thanks for the clarification.

upon following the instructions, these were my findings

it looks like the “nipple” is still there. there was some oil/dirt but nothing too serious.

i also went ahead and checked fuse #47 and it seemed to be ok, not blown. i wish i could have checked it with a voltmeter but my voltmeter broke but comparing both 46 and 47 they were exactly the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts