Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Daddy needs new shoes!

As some of you may know, I've been trying my hardest to find the stock 17" wheel weight of the Chevy Cruze Diesel.

Until I take a photo of a bare wheel on a scale, this will be our starting point:

Stock 17x7 Diesel Wheel: 24lbs

OEM, factory stk. Cruze ECO-D diesel 17"
24 pounds on my scale.
I like the looks.
Light Weight Aftermarket 17" wheels
Make/ModelPictureWidthWeight
Advanti Racing B2 Denaro

7"16.5lbs
Konig Z-In
7"17.9lbs
Maxxim Maze MZ Black
7"18.5lbs
Maxxim Maze MZ Machined
7"15.2lbs
Motegi Racing MR117 Matte Black
7"15.6lbs
OZ Racing Ultraleggera Black
8"17.65lbs

Light Weight Aftermarket 18" wheels
Boss Style 353 Concave

8.0"23lbs
Maxxim Maze MZ
7.5"20.3lbs
MSR 048
7.5"18.9lbs
MSR 095
8"21.7lbs
Focal F05
7.5"21.8lbs
OZ Racing Superturismo LM
18x821.9lbs
OZ Racing Ultraleggera Black
18x819lbs
Konig Intergram
18x822lbs

Light Weight Aftermarket 19" wheels
MakeModel (Color if app)WidthWeight

Light Weight Aftermarket 20" wheels
MSR 052
7.5"25.2lbs
Verde Calibre
7.5"25.7lbs

Wheel weights taken from tire rack, custom wheels express and from various manufacturers.

If you find a light weight wheel that fits our car, post it up!

·
Registered
611 Posts
This is nice info. The 5x115 bolt pattern really kills us. Why GM went with that, over the 5x114.3 we'll never know. I spent a solid month back in August looking at wheels before I finally went with the 18" ASA GT5s (in black). They are not the lightest, but anything that looked remotely nice (and lightweight) was not available in the 5x115 bolt pattern, or it was the wrong color (I loved the MSA 095s, but could not find the black ones anywhere) . I'll take the fuel economy hit if it helps with styling. Just my two cents though.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It should be noted here that the 5x115 is a common size for GM cars. Brake Performance stated that the rotors, pads, bolt pattern are the same as the 2012 Volt. I have verified the discs and lug patterns are the same, but won't be able to evaluate the pads until I order a set. :) This is just one example.

For those that are a bit more adventurous, I have spent dozens of hours researching what it would take to fit 5x114.3 wheels on our car. While not recommended (legalese) there are a lot of people that do this, and I have yet to find someone have an issue. Now you can get RPF1s :D

·
Super Moderator
7,818 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really haven't listed any stock/oem wheels. For one thing, its difficult as **** trying to find the weights of an oem wheel!

I only listed light weight aftermarket wheels. I don't mind throwing around some OEM numbers if you can find their weights. :)

·
Epic Beard Man
5,388 Posts
Please tell me I'm not alone in thinking that the diesel's wheel is the ugliest in the entire OEM Cruze lineup.

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Please tell me I'm not alone in thinking that the diesel's wheel is the ugliest in the entire OEM Cruze lineup.
Nope, not alone. I'd take any OEM Cruze wheel except the LS over my diesel wheels.

My personal favorite is the 2LT wheel. I wish they would fit the diesel so I could replace them.

Reactions: TD_Cruze

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Added pictures. Sure am loving that Maxim Maze!

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I think they are OK. The LTZ wheels are nicer though.

Reactions: oilburner

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
The OE wheels on my diesel are not a fashion statement but they are OK by me!

·
10,711 Posts
Nope, not alone. I'd take any OEM Cruze wheel except the LS over my diesel wheels.

My personal favorite is the 2LT wheel. I wish they would fit the diesel so I could replace them.
I am not a fan because of how rheumatology the spokes. It looks like they went 90's Chevy Lumina van retro with them. I never saw the 2LT wheels till I got this rental car. If I didn't already fall for my ECO wheels they would come in 3rd with the LTZ. The 1LT wheels look like they are meant for a smaller car.

Sent from my iFail 5s

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My OEM wheels look great, I even bought an extra set from ebay.
I weighed a wheel on my bathroom scale 24 pounds. I would have expected less.
OEM LTZ 18s?

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
US Market Diesel? Figures the guy from Ebay was wrong. I am going to update the thread to reflect what you have found.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,388 Posts
Are the hub diameter and offset dimensions the same as the TD? A machine shop can take care of that 0.027".
Not sure. The diesel has larger brakes though, so I imagine the Cruze 16" wheel might have a hard time, but anything 17 and up shouldn't be a problem fitting over the rotor. How much larger they are, I'm not sure.

Here's a link to what I know about Cruze wheels, and what I don't know:

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/12-wheels-tires-brakes-suspension/47993-cruze-oem-wheel-options.html

1 - 20 of 64 Posts