Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a 2014 Chevy Cruze ECO 1.4L turbo 6 speed manual transmission. I previously owned a 2012 Chevy Sonic LT 1.4L turbo 6 speed manual transmission. I traded my Sonic in so I could buy my wife a brand new Honda Pilot, and I ended up getting a 2016 Honda Fit 1.5L automatic. I drove the Fit for 11 months, when I could take the Fit no more. I hated it...no, it was more than hate. I ended up taking the Fit back to the dealership and asking them how much it was going to cost me to get out of the car. When the numbers came back, I couldn't afford to eat that much money so I left, but when I left I told the sales guy that I was looking for either a Sonic or Cruze as long as it had the 1.4L turbo 6 speed manual transmission. The rep called me back 15 minutes later and had this Cruze Eco. I immediately drove back and took it for a test drive. I fell back in love, and signed the paperwork immediately.

My first move is going to be to swap out the shift knob. I do like the stock one, but I have one that was given to me as a gift for my Sonic and I sold the Sonic only a month after receiving the shift knob. I've done some searches already, and it doesn't seem like there's been a straight answer on removing the stock one. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad to be here. I got lots of help in the Sonic forum so I searched and found this one 2 days after buying the car. :)

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Congratulations. You should also assume it needs a proper oil change (dexos1 or better). Also, how many miles? If more than 15K then swap out the GM Synchromesh with AMSOil Synchromesh. The GM fluid is garbage.

Welcome to CruzeTalk.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulations. You should also assume it needs a proper oil change (dexos1 or better). Also, how many miles? If more than 15K then swap out the GM Synchromesh with AMSOil Synchromesh. The GM fluid is garbage.

Welcome to CruzeTalk.
I'm at 30k miles. Funny thing is I thought we all lived in the 21st century, but there are no maintenance records for the car. I plan on taking it in for service this weekend to have everything gone through to make sure it is good to go.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
I'm at 30k miles. Funny thing is I thought we all lived in the 21st century, but there are no maintenance records for the car. I plan on taking it in for service this weekend to have everything gone through to make sure it is good to go.
Wise move, congrats and welcome!

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,105 Posts
Thanks!! Will take a look at these after work...and what I mean by that is that I will look now while at work then do the actual swap after work...:)
Gasp! You mean your not actually working at work? Oh, I'll be back, my boss is calling....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts