Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2014 Chevy Cruze LS OEM Keyless/Remote Start/Push Button

8K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  XRAYJAXSIN 
#1 ·
Ok I need everyones help here on this on, let me start.

My name is Lucas but I go by XRAYJAXSIN on here and all over the internet. Im a young adult and I have a lot of invasion on programming/modding stuff, especially Xbox's. Now I like to mod my Cruze and think of new ways/upgrade my vehicle. My first mod that I did to my cruze was upgrading my intake to a K&N cold air intake and after I did that I didn't want to stop there. I went a head and thought what about my base module radio, and exactly what I did was I upgraded it to the full touchscreen nav link one. And that was from an equinox, and I had to change the vin on it, reprogram it to a 2014 Chevy Cruze ltz version. Which that did take me a long time with no help whats so ever. I did led lights(interior) upgrade next. Then i added black leather heated seats, which I had to create i wire harness for(not that bad), change the controls to the heated seat option ,and reprogram the HVAC controls, so it could all work together. And yes the driver seat was powered and working( if you want me to post how to do I will). Added the black leather to the rear seats as well. Bought the package to add cruise control. Then added paddle shifting on the steering wheel(created a wire harness for that too). Added rear 6x9 speakers with an amp. That's all I can remember off my head.

Ok to the real stuff now. I want to add the whole opt on adding the push to start, keyless entry, and remote start.

I bought the keyless entry module, bought a crap ton of 5 button keys with keyless mod, push button.
I bought the antennas for the keyless entry module
I bought all the interior decals/parts so it looks OEM
Also I havent bought all the door parts yet.
I'm using GM acdelcods Tis2Web Programming

I started by taring it all apart, so I had enough room to work with. I first need to get power for it all. I ran the main power from the main fuse box in the engine bay and the other fuse box in the interior, because the keyless entry module requires 2 power sources at all time. 30 amp for the engine and the 2 amp for the interior. And the 2 ground just to grounds that were around. I put my keyless entry module right next to the BCM because I was going to need and add most of the wires to that anyways. Next I went ahead and added my push to start button(OEM), and created a wire harness for that too, and that went to my keyless entry module. Then I went ahead and wired the crank and the whole main operations on starting the car from the keyless entry module to the BCM. Added one antenna, and programmed a new key. And last what I did so far was to add the Immo/anti theft to the center console. At this point everything can work...sort of. I tried by starting the car with my original key thing it might work, no it didn't work. It would turn on for a second then turn right off, for as many times as you want. That all got me thinking why wouldn't it be working, ahh because I needed to reprogram the BCM. What I did next all had to be right, I used the same VIN from the LTZ with all the options I was looking for. After that I tried turning it on and bam it was on, well just the main power. Its when I try turning on my engine I run into the problem. My speedometer doesn't work and my engine sounds bad/not normal, and I get engine power reduced and all the other errors that pop up.

I had some thinking on why none of this is working. I think because I have the LS/1.8L version and i'm trying to reprogram the BCM with the 1.4 engine. I know all this can work but it needs to be programmed right. Now this is where I need everyones help on thinking, what can I do?

1. What if I reprogram I with one of the fuses out for the BCM(in the interior fuse box)? All I would have to do it see which fuse it the one that controls that aspect LOL.
2. I intersept all the info being sent from tis2web for both vins and then I create my own reprogram? It could work, but it would be hard, but I can do.
3. Your Help. Think of something I can do. please post.

See less See more
#2 ·
How did you go about doing the BCM programming? Do you work for a dealer? I need to get mine done for the foglights I added so they'll work and am going to call the dealer this morning to get a price

#6 ·
2017. It's in the instructions. Going to bring it to my local guy, quoted $100 to do it. He's very familiar with doing GM BCM reprogramming lol

#8 ·
If it doesn't work, my idea and what I would do would be, find a 2017 or 2018 cruze vin and program it to your BCM then change the VIN in the EEPROM on the BCM. There shouldn't be that big of a difference from the years, GM likes to keep everything the same to save money lol. But make sure when you find the VIN, it has the same engine.

#10 ·
Did you change the VIN in your system? Because various modules all have to agree on what the car's VIN is in order to work. And since the VIN includes the engine type, there is a possibility this is what is confusing the computers.

#11 ·
...And that was from an equinox, and I had to change the vin on it, reprogram it to a 2014 Chevy Cruze ltz version....
It would seem so

#15 ·
I am interested in what you are doing, I am in Argentina and my LTZ has a keyless entry, but diesel engine and is made in South Korea, if it works, I will leave you my vin number and I can leave you the vin number of an ltz It is made in Brazil if it has a 1.8-liter engine (H20 engine code)

VIN LTZ South Korea KL1PM5ER8CK559741
VIN LTZ Brasil 9BGPM68MOEB311701

#16 ·
Ok I need everyones help here on this on, let me start.

. Which that did take me a long time with no help whats so ever. I did led lights(interior) upgrade next. Then i added black leather heated seats, which I had to create i wire harness for(not that bad), change the controls to the heated seat option ,and reprogram the HVAC controls, so it could all work together.

Then added paddle shifting on the steering wheel(created a wire harness for that too).

Welcome Aboard Lucas!(y)

If and when you come back, maybe you could post a How-To for the heated seat harness along with programming the HVAC controls.

How-To: Write a Tutorial

I am also interested in how you dealt with the console shifter manual control vs the paddle shifter control.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

#17 ·
Hi everyone, I just wanted to update you all. I got it all wired up and it sort of works. Got the bcm and the keyless entry programmed. Im only running into one issue. It tells me to Shift to Park, even tho im in park. It tells me im in park on the screen and I know im in park lol. I bought a new shifter assembly and well that did nothing so... Anyone have any ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.