Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my front brakes done and the mechanic called to tell me there was a small oil leak coming from the oil feed line the feeds oil into the turbo, so I decided to have that replaced at the same time I had the brakes done. When I picked the car up there was a check engine light on and it ended up being a P0420 catalytic converter code. The car does have 94,000 miles on it, but when I dropped it off there was no check engine light on. Are the oil feed line and recent P0420 code related or is it coincidental? Could the o2 sensor have been damaged in the process?

·
Super Moderator
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
3,236 Posts
Take the car back to the mechanic and give him the opportunity to make things right if it got damaged during the repair.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,216 Posts
Yep, need to take it back, you paid for a job, they didn’t complete it correctly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What was the outcome of this I had my oil sensor by turbo replaced fuel to small leak later that day had emissions code catlytic convertor problem an never had engine light on before

·
Registered
42 Posts
The O2 sensor connector could have been not plugged back in, or the wires to it damaged.

Reactions: Thebigzeus
1 - 6 of 6 Posts