Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 2014 Chevy Cruze lt maybe 3 weeks ago. It like stalls and shakes when giving it gas and even when I back up…..I need this car to be fixed asap… the dealership I bought it from has had it at the shop and was fixed whatever else was wrong with it. But this problem has just gotten worse please help I don’t know what to do, I’m probably gonna take it back from where I got it and see if he’ll just trade it for something different. Also does it even in idle….what should I do?

· Registered
2015 Cruze 1.4L engine 6 speed AT
1,231 Posts
Well, the first thing is you need to read the OBD codes. Also, you need to be more specific on the shaking. Is it you can hear it shake, or feel it shake. If so, is the shaking felt in the steering wheel, or through the seat? Is the shake consistent with engine RPM, or independent of RPM?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve taken it to auto zone and have had them read them, even print off a codes too. well that’s an hard one cause I can feel it as well as hear it. you would just have to drive it till it does. The rpm does move when it does it and it likes jerks, I’m not sure how to explain it to anyone. I’m gonna try to record it tomorrow when it happens so I can have it to show them at the dealership place.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Me too lol but thanks I’m hoping to get a video of it. Or at least something so I can show what’s going on. All I know is something is wrong and I’ve got to have a car. 🫣🫣😑😑😬

· Registered
256 Posts
I mean the best thing is to probably actually scan the codes. You mentioned that you took it there to have the codes scanned but you didn't mention what they are.
Your issue could be extremely simple to fix. Either a PCV problem or maybe a loose vacuum line but without any codes its impossible for us to diagnose anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts