Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We got our first look at the 2014 Chevrolet Impala at this year’s New York International Auto Show, and it appears that Chevy‘s new global design theme will make its way onto the mid-cycle refresh of its compact Cruze model.

Due for an update on the 2014 model year, the Cruze will become the next model in the American automaker’s lineup to feature its new front-end design. Gone will be the iconic Chevy crossbar, replaced by smaller, squarer grilles. The majority of the changes on the 2014 Cruze refresh will be on its front end, while the rest of the vehicle will probably see minor updates.

Along with the redesign, Chevrolet will be introducing the Cruze Eco-D diesel model. Powered by a 2.0-liter diesel engine, the diesel model will also have upgraded suspension to accompany the high-torque powerplant. America should expect to see the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze in mid-2013, while an even more extensively updated Cruze might come out the year after.
Read the complete story on the 2014 Chevy Cruze at AutoGuide.com

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I like the chrome around the fog lamp covers.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
IMO, that front end looks hideous.

The picture above is also of a hatch. Are they implying the Cruze will get a new front end and a hatch?
I'm guessing a no on the hatch for NA which wouldn't faze me because I'm a sedan man, 100%! But I know a lot of american's like a hatch.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...the real "question" is: "...rendering..." done by whom? By someone at GM, or by somebody simply 'guessing' what the changes may/maynot be?

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
I'm guessing a no on the hatch for NA which wouldn't faze me because I'm a sedan man, 100%! But I know a lot of american's like a hatch.
I guess you could call that a hatch back, for me a real hatch back only has two doors. With 4 doors its no different than my grandmas station wagon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
...the real "question" is: "...rendering..." done by whom? By someone at GM or somebody simply 'guessing' what the changes may/maynot be?
Reported by GMInsidenews.com. It is their rendering, which is said to be "close" per GM design sources.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I wish Chevy would figure out what Ford and most other car makers have figured out. Find a grill design and stick with it across all models, but don't touch your "classic" cars. If you see a Ford Mustang - you know it's a Mustang. If you see any other Ford produced in the last five years, you know it's a Ford just from the grill design. It doesn't matter if it's a truck, sedan, wagon, etc., they all have the same basic grill design.

On the flip side at least it's not hideous like the Mazda idiot grin.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I wish Chevy would figure out what Ford and most other car makers have figured out. Find a grill design and stick with it across all models, but don't touch your "classic" cars. If you see a Ford Mustang - you know it's a Mustang. If you see any other Ford produced in the last five years, you know it's a Ford just from the grill design. It doesn't matter if it's a truck, sedan, wagon, etc., they all have the same basic grill design.

On the flip side at least it's not hideous like the Mazda idiot grin.
Guessing you haven't seen the concept design of the 2015 Mustangs... 2015 Ford Mustang Rendered into Reality | AutoGuide.com News

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
Undecided on that look, but I know I like mine a lot more.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I actually like the front grill and design.. Sort of similar to the 8th gen civic ?.. Plus the fog lights and LED front..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
SS, perhaps?? Hmm

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
133 Posts
So Ford's going to try to make an American muscle car and modify it's design for Europe. It won't sell in the US once they do that. Just goes to show that design stupidity isn't limited to a single company. :banghead:
Yeah I think it is quite stupid looking.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I actually like it better than the current one. I'd like more if it were attached to a five door hatchback.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts