Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm new to using forums and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right but my girlfriend has a 2014 Chevy Cruze and the check engine light is on and it is throwing a bunch of codes the codes being P0097, P00F4, P0106, P0113, P015B, P0171, P0496, P0507, P0597, P0599, P1101, P2227, P2228, and P2270 does any body have and idea where I should start any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Why not take it in to the Dealer as it might still be under the powertrain warranty. I'd say her car is very sick

·
10,712 Posts
I concur with above. Best guess is check battery voltage & CCA and if the negative cable was changed. Has there been any accidents or flood damage history?

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,119 Posts
Check the connectors and wiring harnesses on the front and top of your engine, particularly around the area of the air intake ducts. All of the codes are referring to out-of-range, absent, or stuck sensor readings related to sensors to the top, left, and front of the engine, along with some lean condition codes that are probably caused by absent or errant data from those sensors messing up the fuel and air metering.

Either something is unplugged, a wiring harness is damaged, or something within that harness is shorting out or failing to ground properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I did some general checks and I don't think the air filter has ever been changed I changed the filter cleared the codes and drive it about 10 miles and they seemed to fix all of them except the P0599 code

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
Well I did some general checks and I don't think the air filter has ever been changed I changed the filter cleared the codes and drive it about 10 miles and they seemed to fix all of them except the P0599 code
In that case, it needs a thermostat.

Should be under powertrain warranty coverage.

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,119 Posts
In that case, it needs a thermostat.

Should be under powertrain warranty coverage.
Give it a little more of a drive and see if they come back. It could be that the P0599 is the only one out of the group that is an immediate code. Many of those codes will require a certain amount of time or number of startup cycles before going from pending to current status, and the parameters are individual for each code. I've had the majority of those codes after cleaning my MAP and MAF sensors and forgetting to plug some of the harnesses back in before going out on a test drive. It took an hour and a few stops before all of the codes finally set, and it took a few resets after re-plugging them before the sensors returned to full operation and the codes went away for good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.