Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little over a year ago, my car threw asimilar code and it was the air intake hose. I replaced the hose and haven't had anymore issues until now. I was on the interstate, headed home, and my CEL came on. I took my Sonic to Auto Zone first thing the next morning to get a reading. Its now throwing P2076 and I can't afford to take my car into a mechanic right now, but I want to make sure this isn't going to ruin my engine. I will take out a loan if I have to, but hoping for some advice. Anything advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
975 Posts
P2076 is the intake tuning shutters position. Meaning most likely it is stuck or the drive motor is not working. Not sure how easy it is to access, but there is a rod that goes through all 4 intake runners in the intake manifold. This rod has flaps that move to alter the airflow into the cylinder and sometimes they carbon up and get stuck.

If you can get to this rod try to move it and see if it is stuck or not. You may have to remove the intake or at least the drve motor to do so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P2076 is the intake tuning shutters position. Meaning most likely it is stuck or the drive motor is not working. Not sure how easy it is to access, but there is a rod that goes through all 4 intake runners in the intake manifold. This rod has flaps that move to alter the airflow into the cylinder and sometimes they carbon up and get stuck.

If you can get to this rod try to move it and see if it is stuck or not. You may have to remove the intake or at least the drve motor to do so.
Thank you, I will see what I can do to check it. I've been reading a lot of people say the common issue in the Chevy Cruze and Sonic is the actuator arm. I'm not sure how easy those are to get and replace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts