Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2014 Cruze 1.4L Turbo Electrical Issues?

901 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Blasirl
Hi, all! I'm new! Some issues I've been having with my baby led me here.

Brief History: Around Nov of last year, I noticed a bad smell coming from the car after I drove it. The middle console where the screen/ radio sits near my leg also seemed to be getting hot. I took it to Autozone and found the battery to be badly damaged & replaced the battery. I also had the wastegate manifold of the turbo fixed earlier this year after getting an check engine light.

Now it seems like the issue is the battery again?
The radio & screen are constantly turning off and on. I'm getting messages about "anti-theft" "service stability track" and "open and close driver window" upon starting the car, as well as flashing of many lights on the dashboard. A few of the last times I drove it, the power steering had an issue (steering wheel locking for 1-2 secs) as well. I haven't seemed to have a problem with interior or exterior lights. It started needing a jump to turn on/ dying as soon as it was parked. I took it to AutoZone to have the battery checked. I was told no issues on battery or alternator...

Not sure if this is battery? alternator? PCM? Faulty wires?? Please help. Any advice is appreciated!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2015 Cruze 1.4L engine 6 speed AT
1,250 Posts
If you replaced the negative battery cable, and clean all the wiring harness connectors going to the ECM, your problem will likely be taken care of. Because both are known issues, the cable costs about $25 and I would get a can of electrical cleaner for the connectors. They are both very easy DIY jobs.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you replaced the negative battery cable, and clean all the wiring harness connectors going to the ECM, your problem will likely be taken care of. Because both are known issues, the cable costs about $25 and I would get a can of electrical cleaner for the connectors. They are both very easy DIY jobs.
I will give both of these a try today! I've found some good Youtube tutorials and I agree, they both seem easy enough for me to do and will hopefully save me a pretty penny or two! Thanks!

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,177 Posts
Hi, all! I'm new! Some issues I've been having with my baby led me here.

Brief History: Around Nov of last year, I noticed a bad smell coming from the car after I drove it. The middle console where the screen/ radio sits near my leg also seemed to be getting hot. I took it to Autozone and found the battery to be badly damaged & replaced the battery. I also had the wastegate manifold of the turbo fixed earlier this year after getting an check engine light.

Now it seems like the issue is the battery again?
The radio & screen are constantly turning off and on. I'm getting messages about "anti-theft" "service stability track" and "open and close driver window" upon starting the car, as well as flashing of many lights on the dashboard. A few of the last times I drove it, the power steering had an issue (steering wheel locking for 1-2 secs) as well. I haven't seemed to have a problem with interior or exterior lights. It started needing a jump to turn on/ dying as soon as it was parked. I took it to AutoZone to have the battery checked. I was told no issues on battery or alternator...

Not sure if this is battery? alternator? PCM? Faulty wires?? Please help. Any advice is appreciated!
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.