Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, had my Cruze in at the dealer. Issue with losing coolant and making a squeal. I guessed water pump but they did not replace the water pump but replaced the outlet fitting or whatever it was called. Got it back and my wife drove for about 10 miles and got a warning it was hot, needle was pegged. We were in a bad area with no where to stop so I put the heat on full hot and full fan and it did bring the temp back down. I figure it was an air pocket. Headed back to the dealer and it got hot again just as we were at the dealer.

My question is how bad is that going to hurt the head and head gasket in this thing? I am worried that the head gasket will go out next because of the overheating.

Also the water pump is still making noise but they don't want to seem to look at that. I work for a bearing company so I know what a bad bearing sounds like.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,972 Posts
My question is how bad is that going to hurt the head and head gasket in this thing? I am worried that the head gasket will go out next because of the overheating.
Run a compression test and see if there was any damage.

Look for signs of coolant and oil mixing. Otherwise, if everything checks out, it should soldier on (just don't do that again).

If this dealer refuses to replace the water pump and it's obviously bad, I'd try to find another. Ask that they TEST DRIVE the car before you accept it back again.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts