Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Chevy Cruze 1.8L LS, After driving a half hour to work I got stopped at a light at the bottom of a bridge, the light turned green and I started accelerating all of a sudden the car felt like the brakes were jammed on and felt like it wouldn’t get out of first gear. No engine lights It would keep doing that. Not sure what’s going on I’m thinking transmission. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2015 Cruze LT 1.4, aka Yuffie, aka RecklessRed
240 Posts
How does the clutch feel? I know they are already spongy, but more spongy than usual? That's if it's manual. If it's auto, check your transmission fluid, and just to try, reset the computers by disconnecting the negative battery cable for an hour or two and see if that remedies the situation. Could be a computer thing but it's sounds like it could be a low fluid issue too. I don't really play with autos and never have on these, so that is just my guess.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s an automatic, I was thinking I should check the fluid level, idiot me didn’t change the fluid for 90,000 miles so I was thinking it might be that. I didn’t get any lights on the dash

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,492 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually never changed the fluid and bought the car new, the car had 90,000 miles on it. Which I’m kicking myself now for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts