Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2014 cruze 2.0 turbodiesel fuel filter change interval

13800 Views 29 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  sailurman
I just had my fuel filter changed at a local dealership at $150 for the filter and $100 for labor.
The filter is located under the car and under a cover.
The interval appears to be about 36K miles.
is there a better way to get this done?
Is it necessary?
Does Jiffy Lube or equivalent company do it?
Thanks
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
2,608 Posts
Never thought of fuel filter interval in terms of Gallons Consumed but that makes total sense. Looking at miles driven, my Ram Cummins diesel interval is much shorter but that's because it drinks fuel at 3x the rate of my CTD. The Cummins fuel filter is so cheap I usually just do it every oil change. That could get pretty expensive on the CTD.

Anyone know why the CTD fuel filter is more that double the cost of the larger Cummins filter? Someone mentioned Rock Auto, is that the best deal out there for CTD Fuel Filter?

· Premium Member
2,608 Posts
On my 14 CTD the Gallons Used and Fuel Filter Life are separate and each can be reset independently. Just select which one you want, press and hold the button at the end of the knob.

Reactions: Cruzator

· Premium Member
2,608 Posts
When should I replace my fuel filter what %? Also should I reset my gallons used along with the filter % when I do the fuel filter change?
Change it when Fuel Filter life indicates to do so. Nothing wrong with changing it sooner (shorter intervals) but don't go much past 0%.

Resetting Gallons Used is not necessary, has nothing to do with Fuel Filter life, personal preference only.

Reactions: dougc905
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.