Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Greg Hand and i live near Cincinnati OH.Purchase my Cruze new in Aug.2014 and up to this point in time it has done well. Had to replace the heater sensor in the DEF tank not to long ago.I do a lot of driving and have 94K miles on the car.Oct.23 2017 took the car to the dealer because of a coolant leak. I just got the car back yesterday 11/28/17...5 weeks waiting for a pipe for the t-stat.Tuesday morning woke up and discovered it was still leaking...back to the dealer.I was told it was covered under the warranty but when i picked it up on Monday night they said it wasn't...$250.Does anyone know for sure if it is a powertrain warranty item?

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
Not sure about the warranty question, thinking not covered.

Regardless, the issue is they apparently ‘threw parts’ at it, they charged you for it, and the problem is still not fixed. That is a problem.

If there’s another dealer nearby you may want to cut your losses and take it elsewhere. My ‘14 2.0 diesel coolant leak at 73K miles turned out to be a water pump. Chevy dealer replaced pump, idler, tensioner and timing belt free under powertrain warranty.

Hopefully you can find a competent dealer that can get to the root of your leak and actually fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.