Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got tired of paying $80 for an oil change at my local oil service. They charge the full price even though I furnished the Mobil 1 oil and of course the filter. So a week ago I went ahead and changed the oil myself. Changing the oil was pretty straight forward no issues. had to put the car on ramps. found the drain plug was SUPER tight apparently the tech over tightened it the last change (even after I asked them to please dont over tighten) Now the issue is I cant reset the oil life. I've done it before so thats not the problem. Now I get the screen to show the oil life at 0%, then press the reset on the end of the blinker, it then asks if I want to reset and I select "YES" and nothing happens... Ive tried it at least 10 times and its still stuck at 0% oil life. Its frustrating because it keeps reminding me to change the oil whenever I start the car. Now there's a CEL for 2 days and Im wondering if its related.

Anyone have this issue of the oil life not resetting?

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,443 Posts
By Mobil 1, I hope you're talking about Mobil 1 ESP?

Reactions: MRO1791

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
What they said ... :iagree:

·
Registered
279 Posts
It will also resest the old way. Engine off, key on, push the accelerator to three floor 3 times. I found this out by accident. As others mentioned, plain Mobile 1 can't be used, must be Mobile 1ESP, or you are going to have DPF issues.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
If the car is running it won't reset. So, turn off the car. And make sure...it's not running. Cause, if it is in fact running, it won't reset. Now that it is not running, reset the oil life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts