Hey! That's my car.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Welcome to the forum, great looking car

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too have a 2.0 diesel 125hp/300Nm. Did any of you have overheating issues after ecu tuning? At higher speeds 5th gear if I step on it it goes into emergency mode (turbo shuts off) check engine light goes on. Didn't have any such issues when the outside temp was lower.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I too have a 2.0 diesel 125hp/300Nm. Did any of you have overheating issues after ecu tuning? At higher speeds 5th gear if I step on it it goes into emergency mode (turbo shuts off) check engine light goes on. Didn't have any such issues when the outside temp was lower.
who provided the tune??

·
Registered
791 Posts
CSS Performance tuning. It was tuned to 180Hp/400Nm.
The error code i get means "exhaust gas temp to high"
I have the fleece tune with zero issues. you have 3 exh temp sensors an most likely has nothing to do with the tune. if one reads high it is protecting it self. thinks its going into melt down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is most certainly because of the tune. Never had it happen before and I drove like a maniac 220Kmh pedal down in summer. It happened emediately after the tune. Got the sensor replaced, happened again. Exhaust gas just gets too hot. Luckily I got an OBD reader to remove the pesky errors. Last one said p0089. Fuel pressure not within the norm. Thinking to get it done back to stock.
Could it be that the injectors can't handle it?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is most certainly because of the tune. Never had it happen before and I drove like a maniac 220Kmh pedal down in summer. It happened emediately after the tune. Got the sensor replaced, happened again. Exhaust gas just gets too hot. Luckily I got an OBD reader to remove the pesky errors. Last one said p0089. Fuel pressure not within the norm. Thinking to get it done back to stock.
Could it be that the injectors can't handle it?
Most likely a low rail pressure warning.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts