Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Cruze Eco. It has had 6 recalls but has really been a good little car. I drove a lot while working and the gas mileage is great. I have retired and a problem has developed. About a month ago, it would not start. I jumped it off and it started. Since then it acts like it is not going to start, I have been charging it about 3 times a week to make sure it does. But it does not seem to be the battery, the voltage on the dash always is in the high 13s or low 14s. Yesterday I went to store, came out and it would not start. I would rattle and shake the car like it was trying to turn over but would not. I again checked the voltage on the dash, it said 10.something. Everything else worked that would have to run off the battery. Also, every since a month ago when the car does start, my flashers come on, the AC comes on even if off. Battery and alternator tests come out good. Any suggestions?

·
2,170 Posts
Hello, welcome to the forum!

A healthy battery should have a voltage of 12.7V. if you're seeing between 13-15v when the car is on, it means the alternator is charging the battery. I'd suggest replacing the battery for sure.

Reactions: MRO1791

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts