Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is my first post, and I love my Cruze (2014). I just got an error message today that my traction control and stabilitrak need serviced, then came the power-steering message (saying it needs serviced). On my way home I noticed it was a little harder to turn and my speed dials went crazy-even though I was only going 25 mph or so. Of course it is Sunday night and the dealership is closed-I am wondering if it is ok to drive a bit tonight, as long as I don't take the highway. I don't know a lot about cars (although my dad is a retired mechanic-I just can't get a hold of him), so I apologize if this seems like a silly question. I will take the car in tomorrow as soon as the dealership opens. Also, I just got my oil changed last week, so I'm really not sure why I'm having this problem now. Thank you in advance!

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Should be OK to drive to the dealership. Just make sure the messages are still being displayed when you get there and don't turn the car off until the Service Writer sees them.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm willing to bet it's the negative cable that needs to be replaced. I believe there's a recall on that. A few people on here were having similar issues as you and it turned out to be the negative cable. Just let your dealer know about it and they should know what needs to be replaced.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hello, this is my first post, and I love my Cruze (2014). I just got an error message today that my traction control and stabilitrak need serviced, then came the power-steering message (saying it needs serviced). On my way home I noticed it was a little harder to turn and my speed dials went crazy-even though I was only going 25 mph or so. Of course it is Sunday night and the dealership is closed-I am wondering if it is ok to drive a bit tonight, as long as I don't take the highway. I don't know a lot about cars (although my dad is a retired mechanic-I just can't get a hold of him), so I apologize if this seems like a silly question. I will take the car in tomorrow as soon as the dealership opens. Also, I just got my oil changed last week, so I'm really not sure why I'm having this problem now. Thank you in advance!
Hello Schemmmr,

Although we're glad to hear you love your Cruze, we would like to apologize for the power steering concern you're experiencing. We are here should you need an extra layer of assistance. Be sure to keep us updated on how everything goes at the dealership.

Have a great day!

Jasmine F
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 5 of 5 Posts