Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently got my thermostat replaced after my car started overheating. After I replaced the thermostat I encountered more problems. Now as soon as I start the car a sensor pops up saying “turn off A/c to prevent overheating” & a loud fan turns on. The car drives fine, but it’s a hassle having the loud fan on . I don’t think the car is overheating . It’s just seems like maybe something was wired wrong. I’ve taken it to the shop multiple times & they’re saying they replaced the sensors , but after driving for about 20 min the sensor & fan comes back on. Anyone have this same problem & can give me some advice what to do next ?

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,423 Posts
Welcome Aboard!(y)

You need to bleed the air out of the cooling system. This also assumes both sensors are good, connected and the connectors not contaminated with antifreeze.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,718 Posts
Have you reset the computer by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes?

Reactions: JLL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome Aboard!(y)

You need to bleed the air out of the cooling system. This also assumes both sensors are good, connected and the connectors not contaminated with antifreeze.

Welcome Aboard!(y)

Ok I will try that. I feel like I’ve tried everything with trying to get this problem fixed . Thanks for the advice

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,718 Posts
I believe they tried this at the shop & it didn’t help, but I will try it again. The car runs fine it’s just annoying having that loud fan on
Yeah, I only know of this because when I replaced mine and reconnected it, it did the fan at full speed... It's possible the thermostat is defective, what brand is it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I only know of this because when I replaced mine and reconnected it, it did the fan at full speed... It's possible the thermostat is defective, what brand is it?
Yeah as soon as I start the car I get the “turn off a/c “ signal & then the fan kicks on super loud . Hella annoying lol . I’m not sure of the brand , but I just got the thermostat & sensors replaced so I’m hoping restarting the computer will help . I just picked it up yesterday & the car ran fine for about 15 min , then out of nowhere the temperature gauge dropped to cold & the fan & “ac” sensor turned on .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts