Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The oil pressure low light comes on after I drive a few mile but only comes on when I stop at a light , etc. When I turn the heater fan on it seems to go off.
It doesn’t come on while I am driving at all. Anyone have this issue?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Low oil pressure at idle is an indication of low oil level or possibly a serious engine problem.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Have you checked your oil level? Does the oil appearance look normal? Is the coolant level normal? Does the coolant look like it should? Has it ever been overheated or had other problems that involved the oil or coolant? Have you performed routine maintenance (oil change, coolant change) at reasonable intervals? Changed the air filter at normal intervals? Does it have any programming or hardware mods to the engine? How many miles/kilos on the car or engine? What sort of driving do you do (lots of short trips? lots of dusty roads? Driving style?) And, hey, you haven't told us what model/engine you have...?

Aside from all that... You need to have have it checked with a calibrated / true gauge. If the oil pressure is truly low and nothing is wrong with the oil, this is something you cannot ignore without wrecking the engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts