Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my rant thread about the dealership one of y'all (thanks GlennGlenn) said there are still unsold 2014s out there. I found 4 within 200 miles. One is at Westside Chevrolet in Katy Texas it is a pretty loaded one with a sticker of 28k. Classic Buick, Chevrolet, GMC On Galveston has 3 all with stickers of 25k and a web advertised price of $20561. The salesman I talked to right at closing said they need to move them. He said he will get with the sales manager in the morning to see what he can offer. I'll let you know what he says.

Here is a link to the white one:
Galveston, TX 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel New Sedan League City, TX Alvin, TX and Texas City, TX Classic Auto Group Galveston | CH424723 | 1G1P75SZ7E7424723

·
Registered
110 Posts
looks just like my CTD...I got about the same discount on my 2014 last year at this time..I bet you can do better on the price if you really are serious about buying.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did on the one in the driveway. BUT it is in her color and her old car has 248k miles and is getting to be a maintenance nightmare. So I gave it to her. Little did I know how much I would miss it.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
I got a better deal than that a year ago on my 2014 diesel Cruze and it had every option but the fog lights.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
I got a better deal than that a year ago on my 2014 diesel Cruze and it had every option but the fog lights.

$22,180 taxes title and tags.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the 20% off the red one last year. It came out to $21.6k after the state got it's tribute and fees.

·
Registered
246 Posts
There's a few in the northeast, PA and OH, but I have found better deals on the 15 models quite frankly. Before buying my 15 this week, I searched about 2 months for a CTD. Inventory is still at well over 200 cars nationwide for 14 and 15 CTDs. I shopped about 6 dealers and asked everyone to do a search for one ( which they all did) and there's still plenty of CTD out there. Then it becomes a matter of options you want. Most , but not all, are pretty loaded. It's easier if you do a search on multiple sites, not just cars dot com or autotrader dot com and see what's out there.

Ironically, during my search, I found many cars in Tx and Ok with a smattering in CA and IL. Last night, ( Thursday night) while watching TV, I got a call at 9:15 PM ( yes, that late) from a dealer I had visited wanting to sell me a fully loaded CTD ( sticker was about 29.5) for greater than 20% off sticker. I had to let him down gently and advise I had already bought. So, deals can be had on new 15s are out there too. Happy car hunting!!! Remember, the warranty is changing on 16 and newer models ( think 1.6 CTD) so the 14 and 15 2.0 CTD have better warranties.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He offered $1k off the internet price, or $19.6k. Then called back a little later to say he just was told they are demos with about 2k miles. More haggling to come.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Said they could go another 500 off and that was the best they could do. Now it is up to the finance guys.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Said they could go another 500 off and that was the best they could do. Now it is up to the finance guys.
@JDH , bump for update, sounds like you're beating them up pretty well......

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Credit app was submitted just before closing last night. Impatiently waiting, not holding my breath.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Keep us posted. I wonder why some dealers aren't doing everything they can to get rid of the '14's. I suppose there's a reason they are still in stock.

Reactions: Starks8

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Deal is done for $19.1K I'll hook up the trailer and drive down to Galveston Wednesday Morning to pick it up. Pictures up asap.

They have two left. Ask for Jeff. (link in post 1)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Deal is done for $19.1K I'll hook up the trailer and drive down to Galveston Wednesday Morning to pick it up. Pictures up asap.

They have two left. Ask for Jeff. (link in post 1)
congrats, did you get the 14 or 15?? That's a good price. What equipment did it have??

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Original post says 2014's still in stock ... therefore, I think it's safe to say it would be a 2014.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
14, no sunroof, no fog lights. Except for color it is the same as the one I bought last year and gave to her when her Elantra with 246K miles broke down once to often. Didn't think I would miss it that much, and the truck only gets 15 mpg.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Looks great! Congrats.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sweet!! The money they are giving back in these is tremendous. Get em while they're hot. The 2017 1.6 CTD won't be seeing these kinds of discounts for a few years.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.